675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

175 bhp Daytona (not exactly 675 though)

Discussion in 'General' started by OnlyOneWayHome, Mar 26, 2009.

1. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Saw the below article and thought I might share it with you......

RUMOURS ARE flying among European journalists this morning that Triumph has given the green light to an all-new 1100cc Superbike that will contest the World Superbike Championship.
    It's the normal sort of rumour you might expect, especially considering Triumph's involvement with the Supersport 600 series, but what got us really excited was that it's rumoured the 1100 will be an over-sized 175bhp motor (to 1098cc) squeezed into a 675 chassis. Apparently, it'll only take tweaks to the current bike to accommodate the extra power.

OK, this might not actually get anywhere near competing in the planet's best race series, but it's a nice thought to kick off the week.

2. put me down for one :D :cool:

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

There's always been a bit of false hope like this floating around the net... It would be fantastic; the look of a 675 and the power of a rocket... To be fair; riding anything 1000cc+ sports bike on the roads these days is pointless - just gives a fantastic excuse to blast around a track ;) Time will tell for sure! :D

4. ooops! just dribbled on my laptop :oops: :D

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Any chance of a link to the afore mentioned........................ article :?: :ugeek:

6. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Only ;)

Some good pics in the 10sexiest bikes proud to say I hav owned two of them The Suzuki 750 and the Kawasaki 900 (but I had its baby brother 650 :D )