675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

1pc or 2pc Leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing & Safety Equipment' started by Captain Steffydog, Dec 7, 2019.

1. MrGman

MrGman

I can't anything thats not up above but i will say, i've got a luggage secs perf suit and it's amazing, so comfy on the bike and it's wearing very well too, the knee sliders are like new :confused:

2. Rossgo

Rossgo

How did it go Captain?

3. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Nice shop, was served by an authentic Italian chap called Marco, obviously!

Tried on the Laguna Seca 4, 1pc, complete with elbow sliders and race my bits basically £999

Then the Assen 2, 1pc, more street rider odd track days £800

IMG_0899.JPG

Think I’d go with the Assen, it’s less and wasn’t as tight across my 6 pack area.

The Assen has just been replaced by this version 2.

I’ve found some bargains on the Assen mk1, so I’ve ordered that, £800 suit for £423 from a Dianese shop on eBay. .

Went with this style:
    IMG_0985.JPG

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

I can’t help myself, love a bargain.

New suit, boots and under suit from Dianese £1200

Tinterweb £683, same boots and undersuit, Mark 1 suit.

The Mk 1 suit have the large D logo on the chest, now one has a small badge like a footy shirt, just for info.

See how it all fits, or I’ll be shipping it all back heheh 100mph!

5. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Looking trim there mate.! :D:D

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Thanks a lot, you don’t miss a trick hehehe

7. Rossgo

Rossgo

Suits you Captain and you've found some.serious bargains, well in bud

That white colour scheme is what I have been looking at too, I'm getting fed up of black and white, I want white and black now haha!

How did the sizes compare between suits?

8. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Bargains on eBay and Amazon of all places.

Tbh I preferred the older colours and the bigger chest centred logo, not the small breast badge that they have now, personal choice I know.

I also wanted to move away from plain black, but the red suit/colour is more orange tbh, when I stood the suit near a Ducati V4 in the Dainese showroom it was arrrrrrrg more too orange for me, not really a red. Don’t shoot me fashion fiends.

Ok, so the Assen fitted me perfectly and the Laguna was a tad slimmer on the tummy maybe, or I’d lost the plot by this point, it’s hot trying these things on, even in winter, the showrooms are warm. Both suits were the same size.

The Laguna is aimed at super thin racers I’d guess? Tbh either was fine as the Laguna would’ve stretched for me, it wasn’t uncomfortable at all.

I just can’t justify the extra for elbow sliders etc, it’s a bit too bling for me, I want the quality without the extras. I’d rather not have a hump either, but you can’t get away from them nowadays.

Fit wise the guy got me first time, the size I thought I’d be after looking at there size guide was spot on. No need for any alterations. Which they can do for you at £400+ and 8 weeks wait.

They can do special colours on some suits, your choice that’s another £500 odd.

So a custom fit n coloured Laguna Seca suit would be just under £2k

All that said, they felt nice on, always niggles me that the wrist zip sits on your bone on the underside of your wrist, maybe ok when on the bike and stretching a bit.

See what turns up on Thursday this week. Maybe I’ll pop some pictures up. No problem at all :)

9. Rossgo

Rossgo

I do agree Captain the newer suit design isn't really my cup of tea either I prefer your design you have got to - looks a lot better

Thanks for the write up. Like I say I'm in the market too so wanted to see what your thoughts were before I tried them. There are a few I quite like. Think you have made a cracking decision

Yea defo post up pics when you get it

So £400+ for alterations...jeez that's a bit rich for my wallet! But I do feel like I may have to get alterations on the leg and arm lengths. I am a size 40 in those but the torso and seat area prob a 42 so I'll have to get something chopped off I think!

Looking forward to seeing it and enjoy using the Assen

10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

:pp

11. cpszx

cpszx

was only £160 for alterations to my suit at Hideout.

all that time, help and advice the guy in the shop gave you Steffy, and you stiffed him on the sale :p
    but a bargain is a bargain !

12. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

It’s not really alterations, we’re talking a factory made to measure. Not a tweak on a off the peg suit.

I probably didn’t make that clear. In store they will measure you and hence the 8 week delivery as it’s made at the factory, bespoke.

I’ll live with the guilt cpszx hehe

13. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

£517 worth of guilt eh - or work another x weeks/months to get the spare cash...

I did this myself - my local shop only had three brands of suits, so I tried them all on for size, then asked the shop if they could match the deal I’d seen elsewhere (or at least try and get close to it). They couldn’t, so I saved myself £300 over what the shop wanted.

I myself would have felt far more guilty if I’d spent more of the kids shoe money in the shop, than just half of it online...

Nice suit, great deal - enjoy Steffy, although you do know that all the riders with white suits have to be pulling wheelies in the fast group

14. GazP

GazP

You’ll look kick Assen in that suit Steffy!

Ahem

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog

Moderator Staff Member

Hahaha, thanks chaps, I can live with the fact that the Dainese store only had the new suits not the older one, so purchasing the older one in there wasn’t a choice I could make.

I did tell the guy I was pondering a purchase but without trying I deffo couldn’t/wouldn’t buy.

However, I have switched brands, so as a group they have benefited from the store being there :)

16. cpszx

cpszx

considering the saving, i would have to live with the guilt too ;)
    and buying previous model which they didnt stock helps with that :lol:

the alteration comment was to @Rossgo if you are still looking for some.

17. Rossgo

Rossgo

Thanks for your info Craig. £160 isn't too bad. But I do always have a concern when altering leathers something that is suppose to be your second skin. I would have in the back of my mind 'it best be up to the job!!' Lol

18. cpszx

cpszx

Hideout make proper race suits, i think you would be fine ;)

19. Rossgo

Rossgo

Ahh right so no problems then. I didn't realise to be honest. I'll keep them in mind. Cheers bud

20. KetteringChap

KetteringChap

In case anyone is following this thread still, and looking for other made to measure options, have a look at
    https://www.drcleathers.co.uk/
    Seems like good value and sufficient quality for enough racers to buy DRC