675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2 Trackdays down....

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Well got both trackdays out the way now on the Trumpet. day 1 at Donington I had my suspension setup. This has taken a while to get used to as I'm used to the OE setup (which was prety carp IMO) bikes been totally transformed, rides much nicer on the road and the track now. Laps up the bumpy stuff much easier. Thoroughly recommend having this done to anyone who finds their 675 a little on the coarse side on the road.

Trackday number 2. Managed to secure myself some armour for the bike at a discounted rate at Benson Airfield. Got pretty much the whole GBracing set except the fork spindles and the sharks fin for £170 all brand new, and as an added bonus that included a donation to Help for Heroes! :)

Had an excellent day both days. Can't recommend trackdays enough to people who want to learn about their bike in 'relative' safety.

Lost count of the amount of people who asked me if the bike was 'as good as they say it is' and saw some really nice examples. I was particulary fond of one with white gel coated race fairing on and dayglo yellow wheels! looked great so I might try and source some trackfairing and wheels for my bike at a later date and keep the Masterbike stuff all shiny and wrapped up in the garage.

Managed to see of a guy on an '09 ZX-6R down the back straight at benson, and also an '08 Gixxer 600. Both guys were very impressed at how the Trumpet went and said I just walked away from them at the start of the straight :D

Only thing slowing the bike down now is me, so I'm forsaking some tracktime next year and getting some training!

Right off to go find some new tyres now as mine seem to be a little rough round the very edges, and smooth everywhere else :roll: Reckon I'll try those new Battlax BT-003's.

Watch this space

Steve

2. graycat

graycat

sounds like you had a blast, steve.

I'm going to be looking at some track training next year too. Who are you going with?

3. D41

D41

I've got my 1st trackday this Sat. 5th...can't wait...must remember to take spare undies!!

4. SteveH

SteveH

Almost certainly be with CSS mate. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I appreciate they are quite expensive but from what I've heard worth every penny! Mind you feel as though I can't turn up with un-touched sliders so will have to get practicing on some roundabouts before next year lol.

Steve

5. how the hell did you get GB racing kit for less than £170?

6. SteveH

SteveH

I was at the right place at the right time with the cash mate that was all. I do have the guys mobile number somewhere so might be able to wangle a group buy for here?!?! I'll drop him a line and see.

Steve

7. that would be cool ive tried a few times but after emailing both GB racing and T3 i never got any replies back about
    GB.