675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2006 Daytona 675 @ 8000 miles and mod

Discussion in 'General' started by 1ch1ban, Sep 1, 2009.

1. 1ch1ban

1ch1ban

Hi all,

How much do you think it's worth in USD dollars? A 2006 Daytona 675.

I am thinking about getting a 2006 Daytona 675. It's yellow and got 8000 miles on it. Supposed to be showroom condition, never down, tracked, or beat on. broken in properly. All services done by a Triumph dealer.
    All oil changes done every 2k miles. All stock parts will come with the bike.
    also a set of used stock tires.
    lots of modifications:

*Two brothers titanium m5 slip-on exhaust
    *Jet-hot ceramic exhaust pipe coating
    *Apexcone HID low beam
    *Pazzo shorty gold levers
    *Cox Racing radiator guards
    *Proton flush mount signals
    *Integrated tail light
    *Triumph gel seat
    *Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires

Thanks. Appreciate your comments.

Is 8000 miles a lot on 675? How many miles can they last? Is it high maintenance? Cost of major service?

2. henrymc

henrymc

Hi 1ch1ban,
    here in the UK all those mods you have listed add nothing to the value of the bike and i think the same applies in the US otherwise why sell on the original parts with the bike,
    i would say, find out the bikes value from a dealer and also have the bike checked out by someone who knows what to look for as regards loose head berings, fork seals, rear shock, and wear and tear in the engien,
    if in doubt walk away from the deal,
    on some 675's oil use is a issue but if you check the oil level every week and in particular after you give it a hard day on track,
    i see no reason why you will not get 30,000 miles minimum at least out of it before it needs to be stripped down, only 675's i have heard of giving trouble are bikes given to the bike press as test bikes, ie they have abused the bike's cos the have not had to buy them,
    Triumph build quality is good,
    MY 06, 675 has over 9000miles on the clock and it is still like new cos i look after it and it does not get abuseed.
    hope this will help in some way and i am sure that some of the other guys on here will also give you some answers.