675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2006 Daytona 675 Snatchy throttle and clutch

Discussion in 'General' started by Colin Smith, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I’ve had my Daytona 675 (2006) for nearly 2 years now, but for various reasons I’ve not had chance to use it that much.

Today I had a decent run out on it, and I’m finding that riding it smoothly isn’t easy.

admittedly I’m a bit rusty having not ridden so much recently, but I don’t think it’s just me.

The throttle is very on/off, making it hard to keep gearchanges smooth.

Not helped by the clutch which has much the same characteristics.

So, is this typical of a 675? Or is it just me?!!

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

If your bike has had the 1050 throttle modification, that tends to make the response more instant & less easy to feed a gradual opening.

3. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

Thanks for the response. I don’t know if the throttle has been altered, but the bike had a few mods when I got it.

What’s the way to tell? Just how much twist is needed to full throttle?

4. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Without removing the throttle tube, the only way to know would be to compare the rotation to another bike with a known throttle tube.
    It's not too difficult to see the difference, just those two screws on the housing to release & you can see the end.
    Here's a link to a thread on the difference. https://675.cc/threads/how-to-1050-throttle-mod.6115/page-2#post-161273
    Fwiw I have the mod on my bike, and although imho it does make track riding easier, I also found it a little snatchy for my road riding (although I do seem to have become accustomed to it).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Coda

Coda

What tune are you running? I put on a full Zard system recently and found the 20417 to be smooth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

That’s a very good question. I don’t know, but now you mention it I’m sure the previous owner did mention he’d played with the ECU.

You might have hit on something there. Is it simple to get it back to standard to try it?
    My experience with mapping etc is nil!

7. Mick102

Mick102

My 2006 is pretty smooth, but then it’s on a standard tune and pipe. Perhaps check the simple stuff first. How’s your chain slack, too slack and it’ll snatch particularly if you’re not gentle on the throttle.
    Does it need a service? Old plugs, dodgy air filter?
    Check all vacuum hoses for splits/ fitment.
    How’s it ticking over? Smooth and regular?
    Etc.

8. Coda

Coda

Start researching Tune ECU