675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2006 vs 2009 Daytona 675

Discussion in 'General' started by Sad_Panda, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda

Hi All
    I have a 2006 Daytona that I use only on the track now. I used to ride it on the road but track riding has ruined that for me now.

I cant decide whether I butcher my existing 06 to turn it into a full track bike or buy a smashed up 09+ version to track.
    I have read up on the changes on the 09 model. many of which seem minor. I don't need the 3kg lighter or extra couple of horsepower (I'm not that fast). The main point of interest is the revised fuel injection. is the 09 much smoother?
    or is this something I could fix on my 06 with a new fuel map?

I would appreciate peoples thoughts. has anyone ridden both?
    Cheers

2. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

The 2009 also gets upgraded suspension and brakes and lighter wheels I think.

3. Slow Loris

Slow Loris

Not sure if this means anything on the track, but the Daytona 2009+ supports a quickshifter.

4. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Kinda of, They will all take a QS, 2009/10 models have a plug and play adapter to house just the OE Triumph one, I had a QS on my 06 model, lots of choice out there.

5. In regards to the fuel injection, I’ve had a custom map done for my 06 Daytona at T3 Racing.

Personally can’t fault it at all, sooo much nicer than the standard map!

It it were me, I’d me sticking to the bike you know and just upgrading it, a project bike could see you off the track for a year and swollowing up ££££’s

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member