675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2007 675 clutch plates and springs needed before tomorrow.

Discussion in 'General' started by Heather, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Heather

Heather

Hello to all you lucky motorbike owners!

I recently bought a 2007 675 Daytona. We've done 6000 miles together but unfortunately I believe the clutch has now given up.

We went to Snetterton for our first trackday and the first flying lap it started slipping after 8krpm. Extremely frustrating, I adjusted the cable as much as I could with no hope :-(

We are meant to be going to the Isle of Man together tomorrow!! I've rung a few of my local triumph dealers and they've all said the same... None in stock, delivery by tomorrow. I'll keep ringing other places!

I live in Berkshire, Maidenhead and have a mechanic so only need the parts. I am open to any ideas/advice. I'll make sure to read this forum regularly + often from now on.

This bike is the nicest I've ever ridden and I feel so privileged to be apart of this amazing community.

Thank you for the welcome on my first post and thanks in advance to any that take the time to respond.

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful sun!

image.jpeg

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Great looking shot there mate.!
    I'm the wrong end of the country to be of any use to you, but if nothing better crops up from one of our helpful members, then Speedy675 is a good bet.
    Mention you're from here, he usually sorts us out with a good deal & is very efficient.

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

4. Lots of spares here but I'm Midlands,
    Are you travelling their on your bike?
    @Bigmac
    @0luke0
    Can either of you help.
    Not sure if bigmac is Berkshire

5. Hi,
    I have a spare clutch, but not sure if it has plates with it, won't be able to check till I get home at 6ish.

edit. will check at lunchtime.

edit again: no plates in mine.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  6. Bigmac

Bigmac

I have Pm'd you

7. I have spares but am near silverstone or Gaydon on the M40.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi ya Heather hope you get your clutch sorted okay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Heather

Heather

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply and give suggestions - I have noted them all down for next time.

The first message about Speedy 675 was spot on. A quick call and a trip to London saw me with all the parts I needed and much more before 1pm. Back to my race mechanic who replaced the parts and gave my bike a thorough check.

Seriously impressed with the speed, stock and knowledge from speedy 675. I will be back for many more aftermarket parts soon.

I'm so relieved I'll be going to the island with this wonderful bike. I hope to get to meet many more of you soon and say thanks in person...

If someone could point me in the right direction to buy 675.cc stickers I'd appreciate that greatly also.

Ride safe all

Heather

10. Will you be over there for the classic TT ?

11. Heather

Heather

I'm staying until 4th September so will be watching manxgp too. Hopefully may bump into a couple of you over there also!

12. Unfortunately I'll be in Portugal Have some friends doing the parade lap.