675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

2nd service

Discussion in 'General' started by andykb, Sep 2, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

just booked my bike in for its 12 month service at Phil Youles, £210ish, which i suspect is mostly labour.
    I think this will be last time i use a main dealer for a service it seems alot of cash for a load of checks and adjusts!!

I think the only reason why im using them is that im probably not 100% sure what Robinsons did to it when i got it last october, bearing in mind they went bust shortly after. Bikes only done 4k in 2 years so fingers crossed there wont be any surprises.

Think ill be trying Dave Helm in preston next year ive heard some good reports about him

2. andysjt

andysjt

£210 ? that too much £££ , i paid about £150 & i think that is a rip off , trouble is if you want the stamp in the book ..... :?

3. andykb

andykb

pretty sure it will be my last one tbh. ill be moving to an indie.

im considering taking mine own oil that could save me a few quid

i know car stealers charge around £65 for oil and you could get it from Halfords for half that
    but im not sure about the bike its my first paid for service

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Mine was £175 and I complained. I wanted the Honda Centre here in Shrewsbury to do it cos I know them well but they said they didn't have the diagnostic equipment. So it went to a franchised dealer. Next time I will find out in good time who's got the kit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As mine is outside the warranty period, its unlikely I will be using the Triumph dealer anymore as he’s over an hour ride away.

6. D41

D41

At 4000 miles it's just that, Andy -a bunch of checks, and an oil change...all stuff that you can & should do yourself - your money is much better off in YOUR pocket IMO, not a dealer's. :)

7. I agree with Dareen. I can do it all myself except for a tune so better to take it to GT at £12.50 for the tune and do the rest myself.

I keep all the receipts for the good oil and Triumph filter etc and sign the book myself.

8. andykb

andykb

going to pull my service date and get it done by a local guy, cant justify £210 for oil and check \adjustments!

plus ive just forked out £210 for 2 run flats on the current Mrs Andykb Cooper S

9. miker

miker

Hi guys, I purchased my bike through a ex triumph dealer who bought the bike from bill smith! I am due the first service and was getting it done by the ex dealer! And they are also sorting some warrenty bits and bats! Can any one see any issues?