675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

6000 Mile Service

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi guys thought I would give you the heads up on the 6000 miler.

First of all I have only done 5025 miles but as I go away next Friday to Italy I wanted it done and dusted.

£220 for the service but needed new rubber back and front £300 for Bridgstone 016's
    The front bads were down to 2 mill so a new set went in.
    Had the crash bobin brackets fitted too whilst the fairing was off.
    Clutch adgusted but let the lever loos so not too happy with that. Just needed a quater turn on cable adjuster to sort it out.

Just need to get the rubbers scrubbed in now and get used to a front brake that could through you over the top at the slightest whim and were off................

Bye the way this is the bike I used while the "Beast" was in. Nice ride and I will get one ..............when I'm 60

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675013_3.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675012_3.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675014_1.jpg

And no I have a fair way to go yet thank you very much :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I like Sprints!!! Mine is due for a service soon. Ye gods it wasn't that long since the last one :roll: I think I've racked up more miles more quickly on this bike than on any of my other bikes, the D650 included - and that was a corker of a bike, greatly underestimated by many.

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

My thoughts on the Sprint, made me ride like an old man, the mirrors vibrate like they want to fall off and the gear box is that clunky I thought it was going to drop off the bottom. But on the plus side tun up cruising on dual and motorways was a doddle. Comfortable to the extent my 8 year old waants Dad to buy one as I took him out and he loved it ;)

Like I said if i make 60 I'll get one :D :cool: :lol:

4. Stu

Stu

Not long then Ray. Get saving :D

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Stu...... few years yet mate :lol: :lol: :cool: