675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675.cc Chat System

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Craig, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

After a bit of blood, sweat and tears I've managed to get it to display online users. It's configured to show who's online at present and anyone who had activity on the site within the last 10 mins. It'll update the member list every 10 seconds. There's a few small things to sort out, e.g. getting the speech bubble to display over the user tab upon receipt of a new message but again time is running out, that'll be fixed over the next few days.

Any feedback or suggestions please let me know, I hope it's a welcomed edition to the site and for the members who want to remain offline or invisible just set it in the chat options. Any abuse of the chat system will result in a ban so avoid stalking and harassing members! ;)

On a side note, it'll also display online "bots" and the "anonymous user" accounts. Obviously talking to these accounts wont result in any response, so ignore that whilst I try and work out a way to hide them.
    (issue resolved)