675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675.cc Chat

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Craig, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

OK, by request we have chat. I've been trailing a few different options and this one is the less buggy and most simple for anyone to get used to. To start of click on the "Chat" link in the menu a new box will appear as pictured below.

You'll be in the main channel "675.cc" to start of with, where everyone and anyone can be. This part is the simple part, however say you want to only talk to a select few in private. You can pull down the channel menu and select your name. This will make you leave the 675.cc channel and go into your private channel. Once in your own room if you type "/invite <user name>" this will invite a member to your room. There are also other commands to try out, which you can learn more about in the "Help" section of the chat.

I hope it's simple enough for everyone to get used to and any problems let me know and I'll help as much as I can. There is another system I want to use for the site but it's in the very early stages of development. Once it's more stable I'll swap the systems around. Just a word to the wise, all the chat is logged through our system. You should be able to see the last 10 lines of chat when entering the room or on first comment. Any misuse of the system may result with a ban. :)

Attached Files:

2. andysjt

andysjt

allright craig ,

got a bit of a problem with chat , click on loads up page no problem then # error mesage " object not found "

then keeps asking for name & password over & cver again ? any clues

cheers
    andy

ps tried from work & home same result

3. Craig

Craig

Hello Andy,

I've not seen this message pop up, I tried to emulate the situation on my pc no luck :(
    What browser are you using and version?

Craig

4. andysjt

andysjt

aol vr craig ill try it on defult i / e #

cheers
    andy

5. Craig

Craig

Let me know how IE goes. I tried it on my housemates laptop in IE, and managed to get that error appear, but after a refresh it went and now I cant get it back again doh! Let's hope IE does the trick for you! :)

6. andysjt

andysjt

Craig ,

tried in I E & works ok , but for your referance it wont work in AOL VR as it keeps asking for name / password over & over ?

not a problem for me T/B/H if i need to use it i can log on with I E
    thanks

Andy

7. Craig

Craig

Glad it's working, I don't think the AOL VR browser has the capability to understand ajax (javascript) - what it's been programmed in. Hopefully in due time we'll be able to get around it with a new system all together. :) Thanks for trying andy. :)