675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675.cc First Meet - 12th-13th September'09

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Craig, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

2. Have fun both of you. Ho hum :D

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I put the date up to a poll and the majority voted for this date.

I know that people have competing commitments - with a young family I have enough myself. What I can promise you is great company, (me included :D ) a great location, a fantastic ride, and a really good weekend.

I haven't settled the route finally yet so am open to offers. But it's likely to be mid Wales, the problem is which bits to choose, it's all so good :D Nope, it's not good, it's frickin excellent :D

Hope you can come!!!!

4. i'll come if theres someone else from down this way going, i'd never find it on my own....devoid of anything resembling a sense of direction :D

5. Got permission from the keeper of the callendar (the wife) today. Looking forward to it.

6. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

ah, lets keep this rolling.. I'm just awaiting my roster for next month... touch wood will be in favour of the 12th/13th! :)

7. Bu99er it`s the same weekend as the European final`s at the pod , but could still have a scoot over will see what we are doing...

8. Hi all, I'm new to this as I'm new to Triumph. I've order my new 675 and should get it in a week or two. I was just wondering what the average age of a daytona rider is? I'm 24 and I'm definitely going to get involved.

i look forward to chatting to you all soon!

Kieron

9. Edski675

Hello Kieron! Welcome to the site. Fine choice of steed... you really won't be disappointed :D

Average age - well I don't know... I have a few years on you :D Actually I'm an old fart and it's my birthday next month - I'll be *cough*49 :roll:

You coming to the Fest then?

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

They come in all shapes and sizes, i'm only 20 and I know craig is somewhere in that decade as well.

But I am ashamed to say that I haven t got a 675 yet but it will be the next bike when the funds allow :-(

11. are we talking actual age or mental age here :lol:

12. the problem is, i have to work on the saturday.

13. markirel

markirel

Hi there, new to the forum and interested in the rideout (have a pass from the wife which is rare) but notice that the weekend coincides with MCN's "Recliam North Wales" campaign where they are hoping 100's if not 1000's of bikers will inundate the roads and resouces.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... /Post.aspx

We'll have to consider the attitude/behaviour that this event will generate within the local police :( and be aware so that our own enjoyment is not spoiled.

14. welcome mate ..hopefully plod will be too busy with the other lot to bother us :D

15. Edski675

Hello Mark :D

This lot are out to prove a non-point. I have never been stopped in north Wales, or mid Wales, whether on this bike or on any other. Damn. If they're starting at the Ponderosa we shouldn't meet up with them, we'll be going through the Tanat Valley and over the tops to Bala and then around Celyn. Problem is, where are they going after the Pondy.

But it is Snowdonia (just about) and so we will need to be a bit careful. I'll watch the story develop and if it looks like lots of hassle then we can always do Plan B. That is, go south, down to Montgomery, Newtown, Rhayader and up through the Elan Valley to Devil's Bridge, and then a bit of the exceptionally twisty A44 to Llanidloes, then the mountain road to Mach, around to Aberdyfi, Tywyn, Tal-y-Llyn and Bwlch Llyn Bach to Dolgellau and back via Bala by which time everyone else will have buggered off.

This is the Elan Valley looking back towards Rhayader:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_QuadsandWelshride090809031.jpg

This is the Elan Valley looking towards Devil's Bridge:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_QuadsandWelshride090809037.jpg

16. markirel

markirel

Sounds good :D. I've only been into Wales once, got carried away with the excitement of good roads and ended up in Porthmadog which is a long way from home for me. No issues with police at that time but it was 2-years ago.

Photo's look great. I'm already getting excited but will only be able to do one day and may well have to peel off early as I have a 70-mile run to Shrewsbury to start with. Which will be the day for the ride, Saturday or Sunday?

17. Edski675

18. Edski675

Just a quick point. I initially thought Saturday cos I thought that peeps mightn't want a long ride and then a ride home all on the same day, so thought 'self, make it Saturday, beer Sat evening, home Sunday'.

But it isn't set in stone and it depends on what suits people best.

19. markirel

markirel

Saturday is good for me though I'll have to skip the beer :cry: and tootle off home.

20. I'm easy but I will be travelling from near Preston. As for the plod in Wales, I've been pulled and done for doing......

......wait for it.......

42 in a 60!!!!!!!!!!

It had had roadworks that day but they had gone but the reduced 30 signs were still at the side of the road.