675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675.cc First Meet - 12th-13th September'09

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Craig, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

We're not camping in the grounds of a pub for nothing y'know :mrgreen:

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Edski,

Is everone travelling up on saturday staying overnight and travelling back or is anyone staying friday night ?

4. Edski675

D/K. It depends on what day people would rather do the ride.

Personally I'd prefer to do the ride Saturday but it doesn't matter to me which day we do it. If we did it Saturday then it would be sensible to arrive Friday, but if we do it Sunday then yep arrive Sat.

Can people post up which they'd prefer and I'll then do some detailed arrangements.

Ed

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

id rather get there friday and ride saturday :D i'll sneak off work early ;) but i'm flexible either way really

Don't know about Nige & Andysjt as we were going to meet up !!

6. i can skip off work early and ride up friday...no problem...ill go with the flow

7. henrymc

henrymc

Friday is the day for me, rode my bike down to Godalming (near Guildford in Surry) tuesday, so when my two weeks on site :hole: are up i can jump on it and :scarper: :cheers: :booze: :binge: :binge: :binge: : :binge: :binge: :binge:

8. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Nige, Kingfixer, Andysjt.
    What time you guy's think you will be leaving Bristol area?
    had a idea that i would ride over from Godalman and come up the m5/m6 with you, if weather is ok, if weather is crap then i will go shortist rout,
    will be leaving work 10am and its about one and a half hours to Bristol, two tops, only adds one hour on to total journey for me,
    Know the way and not bothered about rideing on my own just thought it would be fun, a convoy of 675's on rout to Shrewsbury.
    if you guys will be away before twelve then no sweat.

9. well...got me a tent, sleeping bag, mattress and thermal long undies....just in case....all for 25 quid, thank god for tesco and matalan :D just got to get through 4 and a half shitty days at work..

henry, im not sure what the plan for friday is, i wasnt planning the whole day off as i dont get sick pay, but i'll see what the others want to do, would be nice to meet up and ride up together..

10. andysjt

andysjt

evening all,
    im happy to meet up with king / nige ,and anyone else some place either frankley on the m5 or hilton on the m6 ( services are about 15 miles apart from each other ) then show you the way to the camp site ,as i know the way having been there today for a reccie
    b/t/w
    it looks like a good site nice location & the pub is ok ,spoke to a couple of campers & they said they had a good stay & the food is good so...... looking good

Attached Files:

11. andysjt

andysjt

Attached Files:

12. andysjt

andysjt

just had a Google on reclaim north Wales , there are going to be 1000s of bikes milling around Wales next w/e
    sadly that means 100s of cops too .
    so just wondering if we need to re-consider our route slightly ? also the cops are planning to stop & give out fines for visors , cans & plates so that’s £90 for me then :D anyone think its a good idea to be more legal ? personally i could change my plate and at a push my visor ,but i wont change my TOR can ,i will pay the fine if needed , its important to be heard as well as seen so i will not be intimidated on this point

Attached Files:

13. Edski675

The MCN thing meets at The Ponderosa. The Pondy is up the Horseshoe Pass, above Llangollen. They are then meeting at a hotel in Betys-y-Coed, later in the afternoon. The problem is that as far as I know there is no fixed route fro them to get there, so there'll be a lot of bikes milling aroundin the eastern part of north Wales.

Now get out the road atlas - that's an order - and have a look at what I was planning.

Start at the campsite, turn right onto the A5 to the end of the Nesscliffe by pass, turn left onto the road to Knockin. Through Knockin to Lynclys, straight across the A495, through the Tanat Valley. Then over the tops to Bala, (NB on the descent there are two hair pin bends - one very sharp left, the other a few hundred yards later, the road swings right across a stone bridge, and the bend tightens up hugely - you know they're coming as soon as we start going into the trees). Stop for a coffee in Bala, and then on around Celin up to Trawsfynydd and then on to Portmadog. Bala is about 25 miles from Llangollen and so I think it unlikley that Nort Wales Police will be in Bala. They occasionally have the chopper on the Celin road.

If we change, then I suggest that we go from Shrewsbury to Chirbury (on the Montgomery road - about 20 miles south west - cracking road) then turn left for Churchstoke, then Newtown, then onto Rhayader, and up through the Elan Valley, aiming to head for Mchynlleth and Aberdyfi. Would be a bit of a long ride, mind.

As stated above, they are both fantastic rides, so no disappointments either way.

I'm leaving my TOR on.

14. Unfortuantely I'm now unable to come this weekend. Totally Gutted as I have been looking forward to this for ages.

I may see if I can get over to you all for one of the days but the overnight is now out of the question.

15. Edski675

Shame :(

Hope you can still make it during the day, or meet up with uis somewhere maybe?

Ed

16. I'm going to try as I still have my pass out by the wife!

17. Edski675

I've started looking at the weather forecast...

and at the moment the forecast is SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

EDIT - damn, can't get the accuweather link to work. But dry and a high of 22C - perfect or what!!!!

And warm (well for mid Sept) overnight. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

18. Ed are you all meeting up on Friday night or Saturday? If it's Friday I would like to try and get down for a pint or two before I leave for Alicante. I need to leave home at midnight though, to get to Luton for a half five flight. It really would be a quick couple of pints.

19. Edski675

20. kingfixer

kingfixer

I can leave bristol anytime after 1 on friday so i can meet up at anytime really, but Nige is coming up from plymouth so i don't know what time he can make it? meeting up with Andysjt & henry is a great idea a mini convoy of 675's :D :D
    Got my tent etc today so need to have trial run at putting it up, before i make an idiot of myself on the campsite !! :roll:
    Have checked the bank and i've got plenty of beer tokens :binge: :binge: :wave: