675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675.net??

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1980superdave, Dec 6, 2009.

1. 1980superdave

1980superdave

Found a link here from some disgruntled members on 675.net Any other members? Anyway hopefully this site can be as informative and helpful.

2. welcome dude, seems like a mass exodus from that other site to here at the moment, sure u will feel at home here

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Helloo and welcome superdave, the more the merrier

4. welcome dude, im registered on the other site but aint been there for ages...its crap, not very well set out and difficult to navigate (for me anyway)..i spend most of my time here, its a lot more personal and friendly, even met a few of the guys, and theyre all a good bunch...

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Dave!!! I occasionally post over there, but was asked to take my avatar (as left) down as it was offending the Canadian owner's sensitivities :roll:

6. 1980superdave

1980superdave

I my self dont quite understand the whole censorship issues going on with that site, It would seam to me that the moderators are picking on certain members. If you look at the questionable avatars or sigs that have been remover or members banned for there protest, there are others that would be considered more or as offensive left alone.

7. I know what you mean, I still see a lot of what they would consider to be inappropriate avatars there.

8. I'll chuck in my 2 cents.
    I know I'm new here but I was on 675.net for a while. I pretty much know and met all the mods and admins and ex owner a number of times, and consider a few of them good friends.
    The whole thing with avatars has been going on for a really long time over there, in fairness, a while back it was getting pretty silly. There were some members whose sigs took up like a quarter of the page with tits and asses bouncing around. Personally I don't have a problem with that, but I spoke to a few female members and I can see their point too. It was just decided by the new owners that all dodgy avatars would be got rid off, mostly so everyone would stop moaning and stfu
    The mods aren't picking on anyone, someone reports an avatar or sig and they gotta do something about it. Personally I left long before the avatar thing. I understand some of what they do just not how they go about doing it.
    But really, there's enough silly shit going on over there.... Do we really have to talk about it here??

9. henrymc

henrymc

Hi 1980superdave,
    welcome to the site, never signed into the net sitemyself but have had the odd look, this one is better for people on this side of the pond I think but I know I speak for all when I say all are welcome,
    PS I have found some interesting stuff on the net site tho,

10. D41

D41

Welcome Dave!! - Yep, this place is defo a good site & with all the new members it's been getting lately it's going from strength to strength...glad to have you aboard - whereabouts are you based??

11. I just left the Dark Side...I was on for..hmmm...2 whole days! They removed my avatar :eek: (why I don't know)

This site is fab, Dave...a really lively bunch ;)

12. D41

D41

Pretty sure I know why!!

13. Why then?

14. D41

D41

Because MW's avatar is likely to cause grown men to have very improper thoughts!!

15. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Peeps - they have their reasons I'm sure. I don't think we ought to second guess em...

16. andysjt

andysjt

maybe those good old American boys don’t like the womenfolk a-riding them there motor-cicles ?
    but i could be wrong

17. D41

D41

...You are!!

But seriously, - I've only taken a look at that site the one time & came away unimpressed...not sure what their deal is so really can't comment accurately...BUT - I will say that the US forums that I've visited are WAY different from the UK forums...without getting into too much detail I think it comes down to differences in US vs UK culture & nothing more + the US forums seem to get a ton more spam than the Brit equivalents...but that's just me!

18. andysjt

andysjt

yes just a joke D41 , but when I have looked on the us forums everyone appears to be shouting at each other? , guess it’s as you say a culture difference.

19. andysjt

andysjt

is it true that in C.A. you are not allowed to go topless sunbathing in your own garden , and that to do so could risk being arrested on a charge of lewd conduct .?

20. D41

D41

...Most likely - TBH I don't do a lot of sunbathing myself, 'topless' or not...but yes, you can get arrested for pretty much anything - drinking a beer in your front garden for example!!