675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

675r abs removal

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Chris.93, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Chris.93

Chris.93

Gonna be removing mine tomorrow, want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Removing stock lines, fitting new normal ones.
    Got grub screws to plug abs module.
    Remove wheel speed sensors.
    Can I take pick up rings off the discs?

Remove abs fuse.

And will abs light stay on?

Thanks in advance :)

2. gary1966

gary1966

I want to do this to my 13 675R, last week in Cartagena it was very off putting the faster I was getting the more the abs kicked in not good at the end of the home straight.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. My only 'worry' on the abs system would be the impact of not giving the pump anyway to push fluid around. Unless of course u drain the fluid which is fair enough but I think that's likely to wreck it long term

4. Chris.93

Chris.93

Yeah I plan to drain it all fully.
    Can't see it doing damage as with the fuse removed, it won't operate.

5. Chris.93

Chris.93

Yeah I've only done 400 road miles so far but it does my head it. And is annoying turning it off all the time
    Can imagine forgetting to turn it off heading out on track, then got pain of pulling in to turn it off

6. gary1966

gary1966

Can't say it's come in on my other 675R on the road and on track it's only at the end of the straights it's happened to me. I have a hm dash and can't find the option to turn it off.

7. Yeah, can't remember a time I've ever managed to get the ABS to activate on the road, or anywhere near, certainly not in normal use? Maybe I'm not trying hard enough

8. cpszx

cpszx

only managed to get mine activating in the wet, low speed, on paint markings in the car park.
    you will notice it working more at low speed than high speed, unless you are actively trying to lock the wheel at speed....

9. gary1966

gary1966

If on track and you want to scrub speed off quick it will Defo kick in, lost count how many times it did last week in Spain. The feeling is not nice ha ha

10. Chris.93

Chris.93

Suppose it depends how you ride on the roads.
    Lot less hassle without anyway.

Removed mine today. Not too much of a ballache. But you do need to keep the wheel speed sensors in, otherwise speedo doesn't work and you get a eml on.

11. Hi is your bike the '13 R or the older model?

12. Chris.93

Chris.93

Mines a 2014R

13. way2fast

way2fast

Perfect time for this thread to pop up, I'm doing the exact same thing to my track bike. Just in line with what others have said, I made my abs kick once at the track and almost daily on the street, only because I'm being a goof and stabbing the back brakes just enough to make them studder, never enough to make the front go nuts.

so as far as the conversion goes, I'm trying to find brake lines now. I was thinking of just getting a set for an 11/12 R, as mine is a '14 im. It sure about fitment, anyone know the lengths needed or how much longer than the 11/12 they would need to be?

14. Chris.93

Chris.93

Not sure on a set of older model lines. But a brand new set of Hel f+r is only £60. So I'd go that route rather than hope older ones fit

15. Linool81

Linool81

It's been covered before that you can't remove the abs module becuse the bike won't start if you do. But has anyone tried to split the pump and the electronics attached to it so that you at least get rid of the ballast of the pump itself?

16. Holy thread revival batman!
    Use block off bolts on the abs unit, then remove the ABS fuse
    Then brake lines straight to calipers?

17. Linool81

Linool81

All of the above has already been done, my questions was if you could remove the mechanics of the pump but keep the electronics to at least get rid of some dead weight.

18. Only one way to find out!

19. In the mix

In the mix

I have done this a few times at work , needs a resistor soldering across the motor connector to emulate the motor still being attached

• Like Like x 1
  20. Linool81

Linool81

Please, tell me more! :D Details!!!