675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

a bit brave or a bit foolish ?

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, Dec 20, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

had to go to work this morning for an hour or so ,when i got there these pair were already parked up ,they ride to work 6/7 days a week all year round ,in all weathers and I admire them for that , but today the temperature gauge on the car was showing -3.5 deg when i got there and the surrounding roads were un-gritted and very slippery ,
    A bit of cold or rain doesn’t bother me ,but i don’t think i would ride today

Attached Files:

2. Rowly

Rowly

Hard as nails or just dam good riders, I must agree Andy its not for me either :eek:

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Jesus.. fair play to them but that's not for me either !!

4. D41

D41

5. henrymc

henrymc

Those two guys both deserve hero awards.
    I am in the, no way on a day like today, camp.

6. :eek: we're not worthy!!!! :clap:

7. These guys are heros, i would never ride in weather like this. our road is so iced over i managed to ice skate up and down it yesturday morning. :D :D

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I've only once ridden in snow, when I got caught out in it and there was no choice.

Here it's been really nice today, sunny and blue sky, but vicious wind. Not a flake of snow in sight.

9. Well five or six yrs ago i got caught out up Hartside cafe , just a white out ,this was on my beloved D600 , once i got used to the panic i really enjoyed the ride (not going to happen on my 675) , but aye canny ride in the snow..
    Did see a couple of guys down at Hawes in total ice they were on suki busa and a onda blackbird now that was just crazy , like i say total ice out . Goes without saying i was in a nice warm car...

10. [​IMG]

maybe they had a set of these :lol:

11. Being one of the brave fools that rides all year, sold my car long ago,

I would have to say " brave or foolish ?", a little of both.

The cold gets worse as I get older though.