675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

A sudden realisation

Discussion in 'General' started by DaytonaSparky, Apr 22, 2009.

1. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

I was riding along the other day...the sun was shining and the world and his wife were out on their bikes cruising around....and I had a sudden thought......

Now I am sure that some of you must of had this same thought....

I was not envious of any of them! :cool:

My previous bike was a Honda CBR600....and I used to ride along and I loved it (it was my first bike....the break up was messy!), but I used to see new Honda's/Kawasaki's/Yamaha's and most importantly Triumph's going past and think to myself....."I wish I had one of those!"

But I can safely say that now I have my D675 in Tornado Red....I couldn't give a jot what others are riding, as I genuinely think I have the most spectacular bike out of all of them (I might make an excpeption for the Y2K Jet Bike!!)

Just a random thought i had that might have been worth sharing!

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

Im with you 100% :D
    Ive been fortunate enough to be able to afford 2 brand new 675's in the last 2 years and prior to buying the second one, I had a good think about alternatives, even tried a few, but nothing swayed me. For me its the complete package. Brilliant performance, stunning looks, a bit different to everything else and most importantly it makes me grin whenever i put my leg over it and fire it up :)

I do think it's in bikers nature to always be looking at other bikes though, probably because we spend so much time at meets and such things where there is such a variety always on show. Sometimes I think I would like another bike, but it would be as well as the 675, not as areplacement :!:

3. Rowly

Rowly

A very deep and meaningful thought you had there Sparky and oh so right :D

4. I've never had that thought but now you've had it for me, I agree. I'd have another bike just for crusing round with the missus but it would never be a replacement.

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I don't give a monkey's either :D Very happy with the bike, don't want anything else. I like that it's British :D

6. I always said to myself that I wouldn't buy a new bike/car because its stupid. ''you loose £1500 as soon as you ride it out of the showroom''. but when I got my 'new' (08) bike I felt, and still feel completly different. ITS THE BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT! who cares, and it really does turn heads. every man and his dog has a jap bike but who's been man enough to go brittish eh!

Go on Triumph!

7. kingfixer

kingfixer

I couldn't agree more, if only people could see the grin on my face as i ride along and a british bike it doesn't get any better. :D :D

8. Stu

Stu

Longest I've ever kept a bike was 18months and that was a TT600. I've had a 675 now for over 3 years so I guess I'm happy with my lot. Money no object I'd have a matt black MV Agusta F4 and that new Duke but I can't remember the number :D

9. I like the 1198 Ducati but was only thinking about this last night on a ride......

I wanted a bike around the 600cc mark and I have the very best of all of them, so therefore, even including Ducatis, MVs, KTMs, etc, I actually have the best supersports bike in the world.

And it's the best colour RED!!!!!!!!!! ;)

10. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

i agree....red is the new black!

11. yeah, and alan carr is the new charles bronson :D

12. spike

spike

i guess it doesnt matter what colour it is its a 675 and everyone who watches you pass in cars etc wishes they where you as you pass with that unforgettable exhaust note :D
    neon blue is mine lol ( looks better in the flesh than on pics)

13. yeah yeah.....but seriously....its Black yeah? :D

14. The Fridge

The Fridge

we r all individuals who hav gone down the British road, chosen the best bike, whatever color it is its still the awesome 675 we hav in common. so really doesnt matter what color, just i'm with chickenstrip and Stu that Black is really the BEST!! :lol:

15. Graham H675

Graham H675

TRIUMPH Born And Bread In Britan. I reckon they should do one in the speed triple white. I do like the black alot but graphite well just shows off the lines and the lovly carbon lol

16. am i the only one who doesnt like carbon then, and i agree with graham about the white, still not as nice as black, though :lol:

17. perhaps we should ask craig to start up a poll on peoples fave colour, like the exhaust one he did....that way we can prove that black is the best colour (mind you, i do like he sound of neon blue\) :lol: :lol: :lol: , what do you think craig

18. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi Nige, just been lookin at ur Gallery, what make is ur new hugger and where did u get it from? it looks a nice 1, color coded with the bike. how much did it set u bac if u dont mind me askin?

19. hi fridge,of course i dont mind, got it off ebay...only cost me 30 quid cos it was damaged, a couple of minor scratches...the bloke sells them for about 36 quid and he does a carbon one aswell..ive posted a link on here somewhere, ill see if i can find it..