675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

AAARGH! ECU Light at 120 miles, yup 120!!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by thetroublemaker, May 23, 2009.

1. thetroublemaker

thetroublemaker

OOPS!

Seems my EXBV (noise control in exhaust) Valve dosent work anymore, not bad going for 26 hours and 102 of my own miles on a bike really!

Sometimes it opens, other times it dosent and i get the ECU light come on!

Very weird.

Is this unheard of from new or??????

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

Ive not heard of it on a new bike to be honest :(

3. thetroublemaker

thetroublemaker

Well - its going in on friday for investigation and 500 mile service (up to 220 miles in day and a half lol!)

4. It took 7000 miles and 2.5 years for my to go. The ECU of course came on. I went onto a 675 Forum (America) where it appears this problem is nothing new. I wrote to Triumph complaining that I thought a recall might be in order due to the number of whinges going on online, but they denied a problem existed.(You dont seem to get much sympathy from Triumph when you write to them as I have written a couple of times) So I booked my bike in for a service, and was told that in order to "foster good customer relations" the fault would be repaired under warranty (even though I was 6 months out) Now doesnt that tell you something? Apparently they had to have new part completely re-manufactured and will give you the new version, which I am told is much improved. Hope that helps. Dont know if anybody else out there has had it replaced FOC out of warranty? :)

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Nope. Mine stuck but the dealer sorted it under warranty.

6. hope the new one is improved had mine exhasut headers done the other week under warranty, now ouit of warranty but at least my dealer will guarentee the work for 12 months.
    Time to start researching an system and map tha takes it out completly

7. Graeme

Graeme

Had mine done FOC, Feb this year. 11 months out of warranty, and 9 months after I'd bought the bike. Having a FTSH probably helped.

The light came and went after a few months of ownership, but then stayed on continuously.

New design of headers were fitted, so Triumph have recognised that there is an issue. Also advised that spraying WD-40 behind the cover, if the bike was going to be laid up for a while, wouldn't do any harm.

It was supposed to take an hour, but ended up taking nearer three due to a seized exhaust stud. Glad I wasn't paying.

No problems since.

Graeme.