675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

abba stands

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, Sep 13, 2008.

1. triple n

triple n

hi chaps, and chapettes if there are any...was thinking of purchasing one of those abba stands, does anyone own one or have used one, are they any better than paddock stands..your help is appreciated

2. TripleT

TripleT

Yes, very good, stable easy to fit to the swingarm pivot, and you can easily lift it on your own very safely. The only one to get if you don't have a helper.

3. I've got the 400kg superbike lift. I bought it because it completely unloads both wheels. I plan to use it to prop the bike up in the garage over winter as well as for maintainence. The fit is pretty tight .. I'm going to file some of the plastic off the wheels to get it a bit lower. Also the front foot thing only barely fits through the Daytona fairing. Having said that .. it does all work as advertised so all is well! :D

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=20

4. triple n

triple n

thanks guys...looks like i'll have to get one

5. as already said by others....very good, fit in seconds and very stable.

6. The superbike lift can be tight fit. You might want to ask them for the smaller wheels so you can get it under the bike more easily. The optional wheel kit (full mobility) doesn't fit my bike as it makes the stand too high to get into the bike. I am in contact with them over a solution to this though. And I would still buy one knowing this.

7. Here's a pic of my bike on the superbike lift

Attached Files:

8. triple n

triple n

thanks for the piccy mate, they look good, how much are they and where d' you get them from..

9. TripleT

TripleT

10. triple n

triple n

thanks for the help chaps, just bought one from ebay..

11. Rowly

Rowly

Hi, I also have just invested in some Abba stands ,safest way of working on your pride and joy for sure ;)

12. triple n

triple n

hi rowly, good to see another new guy...i did get one a while ago and glad i did, brilliant peice of kit..will be on the lookout for a front end stand soon...thanks for the reply

13. JDB

JDB

If thats the Abba front end stand - j shaped with 2 wheels - then its too high to go under our bike and the pad is meant to go on the sump - which is a bit tricky through the fairing.

14. triple n

triple n

ok mate, thanks..i'll have to look for another

15. Abba were happy to custom modify the hydraulic bike lift I bought from them so it does fit under my Daytona. Their customer support is superb.