675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

advice for a new daytona owner

Discussion in 'General' started by g.master.b, Mar 18, 2009.

1. g.master.b

g.master.b

Hello all

i have just purchased an 07 masterbike , my questions are

(1) best tail tidy ?
    (2) best flush fit indys apart from watsens ?

reason for this is after spending lots of money on the bike , although i got a damn good deal :) i dont have much left for the first couple of mods i think it needs

any advice appreciated

thanks
    g.master.b

2. hello mate, i put the evotech tail tidy on mine, very pleased with it.

Jap will probably be able to tell you about the flush fits.....good luck.

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Another Masterbike owner!! We're a cut above all the other hoi polloi :lol:

Welcome!!

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Ed be good now... flush fit indicators. ther is only on set to get and that is the Watsens the rest are just Bobbins so save up and buy the best I have my second set on there way over from Canada NOW.

Tail tidy well I have not touched that as I need the original bracket for the Paniers and tail bag but i am looking at losing the rear reflector reducing the rear plate size so it fits between the indicators and moving the plate up giving the same apperance as the tail tidies that cost £60 plus.

Just a thought but will be putting into action on my return from European Tour :cool:

5. Jap,

That has been my aproach for the tail tidy question. I have ordered the new plate from http://www.myshowplates.com following a recomendation from a friend and once it arrives will look at moving the plate up to where the reflector currently sits.

If you have already done this, can you let me know how it went?

Thanks

6. Stu

Stu

Just for info.

The rear reflector is requred for an MoT test.

Does anyone remember when a lady's fun zone was called a mot. I'll get my coat

7. The master bikes demand a superior grade of owner

8. JDB

JDB

It just has to be a reflector - I have seen 2p size ones stuck on the plate before... they always seem to fall off...

9. Well the number plate arrived today and 10 mins later and a slight cut, it is done.

I am using a different PC and still cannot insert images into these threads so you will have to look at my gallery for pics

I have cut the mounting bracket so it doesn't stick out under the plate and have positioned the plate so it is over the top of the relector. That way when it comes to MOT time. I will just swap the plates round.

10. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

OnlyOneWayHome image's:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

;) - If you have any probs let me know as I'm due to make it a tad easier to insert images into a post... slowly churning through the to-do list :D

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Looking Good Only...... What size did you go for on the new plate :?: :geek: :ugeek:

13. Thanks, I went with 7" x 5" in the end. It is basically half the size of the normal plate.

14. Craig,

Thanks for putting the images in for me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but any guidence would be apreciated.

BTW the first image you put up is the before shot, with the old big plate on.

Thanks again

15. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

No probs - have a peek at the following link - kinda a onscreen demo -> https://www.675.cc/resource/video_tutori ... t.swf.html

Just one of the main things is to pull down the 'how to insert' drop down menu in the pop-up window and select the only option there otherwise it'll be a 150px wide (small) image. Hopefully I'll sort it out to make it easier soon... :D

16. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Same here Only ............... Went for the same size 7 x 5 with "WWW.675.cc" at the bottom

Thats a few Jar's you owe me Craig :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. I have the evotech tailtady and watsen flushmounts on my Masterbike some picks in gallery :D

18. jimjam39

jimjam39

I remember Stu :lol: :lol: :D

And nice job OnlyOneWay :)

19. Thanks, it's neat and very cheap (£10 for the plate). All my savings are going towards a new helmet!