675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

After Market Huggers

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Hi everyone again,
    Has anyone fitted or any views on after market rear Hugger for D675,
    the Triumph stock Hugger seems a bit inadequate to protect the suspension
    and under tray,I have looked at the Skidmarx and the Pyramid ones but
    not sure whether they would be any better or look right so don't want to
    commit to buying one without first getting some advice from the forum
    first :?: thanks, Rowly

2. Hi Rowly,
    I have a Skidmarx on on my D675 (see my gallery pics).I like the way it is shaped the same as the original,but longer. It certainly stops a lot of muck getting on the suspension.It is of good strong GRP construction,the only thing I would say is where possible use the original fastening,as the are larger than the ones supplied & less likely to wear through.
    Cheers,Tony

3. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for the info, just checked out your bike on the gallery and it looks good
    and also matches the front one ;) may have to spend some more money, oh no :(

4. Thats what I go to work for so I can spend it on my bikes.Ask my missus,she dread me going on e-bay & finding some else I want to buy ;) I think my next purchase will be a Devil exhaust can for the D675.I just love the look of it :) But its a serious amount of readies,cheapest I've found it is £400 from N.Ireland :!: Oh well will have to get my winter project finished & sold :roll:

5. Rowly

Rowly

I like your logic, I must admit to be an Ebay junkie its the first site I registered with
    when her in doors bought me the laptop for crimbo and have not stopped spending
    since,I even spotted the D675 on some dealers web site and just had to have it
    As long as the girls get their diamonds,pampering ,hair done once a month
    and of course Hello and OK mag they are happy as pigs in pooh :D

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Just been out bid on a cardon hugger that just sits above the wheel.......lookde great but I hate all this last minute £1 more bidding. I bid and forget go back a week later and find i have a bargain or some other mupet has paid £2 less than brand new.

7. :!: So your the one that take ages to pay for their e-bay bargain :!: I know what you mean about muppets paying almost as much as new(in some situations,more,I was watching some air intake cover for my TT when I had it & some idiot paid £2 over the new price + postage :!: ) I always check out the new price of stuff before I bid & never go more than half the new price :geek:

8. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Couldnt agree more. Whats the point in paying more than you absolutely have to. I can take that one step further. I recently went to Laguna in maidstone cos i needed a new pair of boots and I wanted to try some new leathers. Tried on all different sizes, went home, got on ebay and saved myself about £360 in total. Bargain!

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I have sudjested that we introduce a Swap Shop on the site as I for one have a garage full of stuff that ii have taken off the Beats................ Hope every one gets the idea and we could deffinetly save each other loads of cash???

10. a swap shop sounds like a wicked idea :cool:

11. jimjam39

jimjam39

needs to be on a Saturday morning ! ......or am i just showing my age there ? :)

12. Rowly

Rowly

I'm looking to swap my 2008 675se for a 2009 anyone interested :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Its a dam good idea though Jap ;)

13. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

lol; sounds like a fair trade Rowly :lol: