675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

aftermarket can

Discussion in 'General' started by jay987, Jul 18, 2009.

1. jay987

jay987

can anyone help????

looking to buy triumphs own aftermarket exhasut, some of the people on ebay selling them say you have to get the bike remapped.

is this true???

thnaks
    jay

2. Jay

Yes - there is a specific tune for the after market can

It's a download from the local dealer

3. jay987

jay987

does it cost much to do??

what happens if need to put my original back on??

4. I think it's the standard 30 min labour charge.

Yes - you will need the standard tune, if you go back to the original can.

5. I think you will find the minimum labour charge is 1hr at most stealers.

6. Graham H675

Graham H675

cost me £23 at my local dealer asked about putting the std can on and was told if it was only for a short period of time would be ok eg MOT, A day like bikesafe course etc

7. If its an arrow can you can run it with the baffle in and it does not then require the tune, if you run it without the baffle most of the time it will require the tune. Costs about £20 for to get it done at a dealer.

8. andysjt

andysjt

umm....i was told by triumph main dealer that if its a TOR can then no re-map / tune is required

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure that that advice is wrong. I have a TOR and it was deffo remapped. I think it cost £25, can't remember precisely, I've had too much turbo cider :D

Jay - it is definitely worth the extra spend :D :D :D

10. andysjt

andysjt

you are could well be right Ed , but the bike runs ok so i an't bothered too much

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi folks,

Re TOR Can, yes it is recomended to remap the bike as it will run "Rich" so you will be waisting £££ but as andysjt say's it will have very little negative impact on the bike initially but in the long run will clog up a little.

Cost of re-map vries, Robinsosn did mine for £15 last year(& no i bought the can on ebay and fitted myself 20 minute job first time 10 minutes on and off second time. Takes exactly 15 minutes to do so getting billed an hour is ripping it a bit. :evil:

The Arrow can does need a re-map with or without the baffle in or out................... so say Triumphs Exhaust rep.

Hope this helps folks, my opinion is the remap gives the bike a little more get up and go so if you have the can why not have the powr increase to go with it :twisted: But thats just my own opinion :ugeek:

Happy Tuning Folks :ugeek:

12. jay987

jay987

hi guys
    thanks for all the advice :thanks:
    much appreciated, im now just looking for a can to go on the bike
    i done it with my 650 daytona put the triumph exhaust on and had it remapped, what a difference it made, :twisted:
    thanks
    jay

13. roope

roope

hi jay
    i have a brand new one never been on the bike for sale £170 inc post by next day courier
    let me know if needed!!
    cheers
    stuart