675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Alarms

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by tim_m295, Oct 27, 2009.

1. tim_m295

tim_m295

Hi,

just looking for some advice really. Data Tag, Data tool alarm or the new bike GPS tracking system by Road Angel. I have heard some horror stories regarding having a data tool fitted but these have not been on Triumphs nor have they been dealer fitted.

Has anyone had any problems with the data tool?

Cheers,

Tim.

09 675 SE

2. nope, had em on 4 bikes, all daytonas, and no probs.

3. +1 on that, I've had no problem with mine, just so long as I put it on winter mode if I'm unable to ride her for a few weeks, otherwise it runs the battery flat!

4. Ive had a few issues cumlminating in getting it swapped under warranty. dtools also dont like water that much

5. no problems with mine.

6. quickly drains battery i find unless on optimiser

7. tim_m295

tim_m295

Thanks for all your comments. Will go for a Data Tool then and get an optimiser.

8. crj

crj

+1 for Data Tool & Optomiser (check to see if Hein Gericke are still selling theirs cheaply, it's the same as the Oxford version but in a different case)

9. I had two Datatool System 4's on my old D6 good alarms BUT not entirely water resistant. The actual alarm system is BUT The wiring box where is not unless it is sealed up with sealant of some nature.. Bit stupid really considering how descent everything else about it is. Anyway the first one shorted and the second one... well I never got it wet unless in the rain.

BUT on my 675 I decided to go with Acumen 2009 Cat 1.1 Plus a Paging system... Effing aswome, much louder than the System 4, 14 sirens to choose from, Indicator warning after 30 flashes, Low current draw, FULLY Water resistant. And the optional pager will trigger within 1Km (ideal if in the pub or anywhere the bike is just out of hearing and you want to know when the alarm has triggered to run and check)... usually some muppet on a scooter brushed up while parking his thing.

All done and installed at home for £300 the lot... Am pleased so far and IMO much improved over the S4 system.

10. tim_m295

tim_m295

Hi Rickster,

have you got a web address of where you got from and who installed it?

Cheers

11. +1 with the alarm induced flat battery. Removed the alarm and have it plugged in to an optimate.

12. redseven

redseven

Most alarms drain the battery if the the bike is laid up.Run it up a couple of times a week, or better still take it for a short spin. You can fit an optimiser but they are so so . I had one that cooked the battery. Afterall most neighbours will ignore your alarm going off then tell you about it a few days later. If you havn't got a garage get a cheapo metal or plastic shed. Fit a decent chain and padlock and run it through the rear wheel and swing arm. The cheapest and best for insurance discount is Alphadot. Get the bike marked up, put a sticker on the wind screen and register it. Most tea leaves are opurtunists. If your bike cannot be quickly loaded into the back of a white van they will move on.

13. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I never had any problems with my datatool alarm system and my old bike went out in all weathers and lived outside.

Nowadays I have a Meta 357T alarm/immobilser system which is very clever with loads of different easy to set modes depending on what you want and doesnt run the battery flat either. I have left the bike laid up for 6 weeks before, come back and fires up straight away!

14. andysjt

andysjt

was'nt a 675 then :lol: :lol:

15. henrymc

henrymc

A battery on a SV is nearly twice the size of the one on a 675. I got a CBR6000 sitting beside my 675 both on optimisers.
    The power tripped out in the shed last year, ( I was working away from home) I lost the battery on the 675 but the CBR would still start. :evil:

16. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Now in this instance BIGGER IS BETTER!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!