675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

All you 09 Arrow Owners

Discussion in 'General' started by J.T, Oct 21, 2009.

1. J.T

J.T

Hi Guys,

Right first things first.... I love noisy bikes and I love noisy cars (TVR yeah baby). I used to own a Daytona 600 with a 'Fuel' exhasut on it. The noise was utterly brilliant and made me grin ear to ear. I currently have the TOR can fitted to my bike but it is for a start very heavy and very quiet too. It looks fab on the bike but just not noisy enough.

Ive heard a few of the 09 Arrow cans and the sound fantastic along with fitting the shape of the back end very well. . . . .Apart from £450 !!!!!!! But I have decided I might bite the bullet and go for one figuring I can sell my TOR to soften the blow a little.

Just a few questions.... 1 Is it a pain in the ass to fit or is it fairly simple?

2 Is there any noticebale change in performance haveing the weight loss and free flowing exhaust

3 Does it sound a lot better . . . .Is it really worth the change / money

Thanks guys,

J.T

2. superpete675

superpete675

I just had one fitted recently. I can't comment on fitment but I can tell you that you will really enjoy having it on. Apart from the sheer good looks, the sound under acceleration is superb and it's great under compression braking too... and I've noticed that the increased airflow has made my gear changes noticeably smoother... performance wise, the extra two to three horses isn't going to make any real impression in my opinion but the impression it does make is a good one. I didn't regret it even for a second.

3. hi there j.t...i had the arrow fitted on mine, yes, they sound nice..not sure if there was much of an improvement in performance though the new map did change the torque delivery...moved it further up the rev range...personally speaking i didnt think the noise was worth the money and i reckon the tor sounds nicer anyway...hope this helps

4. The exhaust is piss easy to do if it's just the end can, I did my meccano set myself lol!

5. I run the arrow and think thats it is worth it.

However if you do fit that and intend to run it with the baffles out (which you will) you will need to get Triumph to download a different map for you.
    Ive had mine dynoed a while ago, was pretty pleased with the results. 110 at the back wheel, and the guys who did it said with a few more mles on it would loosen up a littel more and give a little bit more power.

6. J.T

J.T

Thanks Guys,

In terms of re-mapping though, I already have the latest TOR tune downloaded so will the arrow map be any different?

Well Nige if you fancy swapping back to the TOR I could always swap with you and give you some cash to make up the difference.

I think I'm going to pop up to Jack Lilley and ask if I could ride their demo bike with the Arrow to make sure its definately what I want

7. kingfixer

kingfixer

I have the Arrow with the baffle taken out ....fantastic noise ! :D had it fitted at Taunton Triumph who remapped it when they fitted it.

8. sorry mate, sold it a while back...how much you asking for the tor :?:

9. J.T

J.T

Okay,

What are you running at the moment, the stock can? The TOR definately has a really nice tone to it, I just wish it had a volume control :) Im not sure of what is a good price. I was thinking maybe £130 including the carbon end cap, it looks the business. What do ya think?

I can get rid of it anytime becasue I also have a stock can I can use until I get the Arrow.

The other option I had was sending it up to a friend of my Father who modifys exhausts and would cut it open take some baffles out then weld it back up. Not sure though as olnce its done its of no re-sale value and I'd be stuck if I didn't like it.

Let me know ya thoughts.

JT

10. give it to your fathers friend to modify then i'll give you a tenner for it :lol: :lol:
    130 is a good price with the carbon thingy, i'll get back to you mate..

11. J.T

J.T

Okay nice one,

I'll leave it as it is for now then. Im test riding one of the demo bikes tomorrow at Jack Lilley with the Arrow pipe fitted hopefully this will make my mind up.

Speak Soon.

JT

12. redseven

redseven

I run the arrow and think thats it is worth it.

However if you do fit that and intend to run it with the baffles out (which you will) you will need to get Triumph to download a different map for you.
    Ive had mine dynoed a while ago, was pretty pleased with the results. 110 at the back wheel, and the guys who did it said with a few more mles on it would loosen up a littel more and give a little bit more power.[/quote]
    That's interesting, 110 bhp? at the rear wheel. Generally a drop of 10% = 123 bhp. Which is what triumph are claiming as standard on a pre 2009 model.It will get better with age. Any one experience an ixil exhaust?

13. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I have a TOR and I like it a lot. Mine is plenty noisy enough, and the sound on overrun is lovely - I like the popping it makes. Yes it's heavy but it's no heavier than the stock can. If you cut it down, it won't fit properly. I paid £35 for a carbon end cap - so a TOR and a cap for £130 is a bargain, I think the can alone new is about £250.

14. J.T

J.T

Hi Ed,

No not cutting the physical size. It would be opening the can up part gutting it and then re-welding it shut. The modification would not be visible in any way.

I believe there is a video on youtube where someone has gutted a stock exhaust.

JT

15. I've got an ixil exhaust, if you don't get it remapped it runs EXTREAMLY rich which makes it sound amazing! Popping alll the time with no effort but it ran rough in the lower revs, when I took my bike to jack lillieys for it's service they mapped it for me with out say (and for free!) an it runs soo much better but it's lost it's rediculous popping noise which I miss loads but it's still really load,(just gotta work it for the popping now!) but I have no clue to if it gives any more power coz I didn't know they were gonna remap it other wise i would of asked.( this is with the open baffles)

But there's a pic of it in my picture collection if you wanna see, it looks like a set of rocket launchers hehe!

16. redseven

redseven

Very nice Hazza, gives it an MV look. Looks like a quality job judging by the brackets. I have heard one and they sound dee- lish. I've seen one about near me, don't think he had the end caps on though? Bet it was expensive? Looks it.

17. I've not seen another one in the flesh on a 765, I've had the open baffes in it since day one, it was £360 and a complet gamble as I'd never heard of them!

18. redseven

redseven

Good gamble then? Was on IXIL's website earlier seems like prices have gone up. Possible upgrade for mine in the spring of next year. They are " les gonades du chien" sounds almost as good as a 748/916 with full on termi's. Good choice.

19. So how did the test ride go mister?