675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Alpinestars gloves on Ebay ???????

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Has anyone purchased Alpinestars gloves on Ebay??? some of the current bargains on gp plus & gp pro series seem a little to good to be true, and was wondering if anyone thinks they could be fake or faulty or am I just been to cautious, your thoughts, advice, and honest opinions please would be welcome :thanks:

2. They are selling off this years colours and styles cheap, to make way for next years new stock. I brough a pair of arlen ness gloves in september rrp was £90 paid £50, also brought arlen ness leather jacket last year £125. All because every year manufactures bring out new designs and colours.

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

I'm with you rowly, im always cautious when buying 'bargains' on ebay it's always in the back of your mind you are getting ripped off :(

4. If you buy stuff off ebay, buy from shops which have web sites were you can see view the products, and they have a telephone number were you can speak to members of staff, take there name as a point of contact if you have any problems with the products and always pay for products with a visa, as visa protect purchase with insurance so if goods are a no show, visa will credit you the money back.I have always used a company on ebay called p_rclothing and never had any problems.

5. I got a pair of gp pro an they are waay comfy, I paid full wack of £130 so anythin cheaper is a bargin! Tho triumph jack lilieys are doin the pro's black and White with triumph printed on them they look pretty cool but expensive!!

6. Rowly

Rowly

Thanks Jules, Mick, and Hazza for your comments, I have decided to take the risk and bought some GP Pro off Ebay for £85 Brand new labels still attached, that a massive £65 off the recommended selling price, so hopefully they should be ok? I have checked all the feedback from his glove sales and there's no negative stuff on the Alpinestars, I would of thought someone would have moaned before now if they had any problems with them.
    I shall wait in anticipation that Ive made a wise decision :erm: :duh: :toss: or :smileup:

7. let us know the outcome Rowley and who you bought them off if you would recommend then, cheers

8. Rowly

Rowly

Yeah will do, as soon as I have them ,probably Wed, I'll give you some feedback ;)

9. Rowly

Rowly

[​IMG]

As promised Godzilla feedback on Alpinestars GP Pro gloves purchased on Ebay...... Gloves arrived this morning and as you can see from the pic they not only look like the genuine article but feel like them, also they have the labels still attached and came in the genuine packet, so to conclude I think I have got myself a good buy at £85, a massive saving on the retail selling price of £149.99.
    The Ebayer goes under the name of biketech if you want to have a look? :smileup: phew!!!

10. Cheers dude, perhaps we ought to have a thread specifically for recommending retailers and such?

Ermmm Im not very good with ebay, how do I find biketech? :oops:

11. Rowly

Rowly