675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

ancestry

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by triple n, Feb 9, 2014.

1. triple n

triple n

had to share this...

a little while ago my sister in-law started a search on an ancestry site...she seems to enjoy doing it...
    so far we have discovered a half brother to my father, so my half uncle, 2 cousins, an auntie and possibly more cousins and a grandmother..
    i never knew any of these existed till a couple days ago

one is feeling very chuffed at the minute
    sorry, but had no one else to tell
    have a nice day :D

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I bet we're long-lost cousins :D

For those who don't know… Nige and I have the same surname :D

3. triple n

triple n

you never know ED, you never know :lol:

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I have first cousins in Torpoint… but they have a different name… Bolton

5. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, interesting, I honestly can't say I'm into all that stuff. But if it floats your boat, then great :) happy hunting.

6. D41

D41

TWINS!!

7. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I was thinking of you as I read this thread D41. Has that paperwork of yours turned up from over here yet.??

8. D41

D41

No, I checked on it - I don't think the order went through as the charge doesn't seem to be showing up.

9. Legacey

Legacey Moderator Staff Member

Nice one triple n. I've been researching mine for about 5 years now and it's amazing what you find out! Family secrets that no-one talks about and all sorts of scandals going on! I've gone back to the 1600's so starting to get a little stuck now ;)

10. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

My Mother has been doing ours over the last ten yrs on and off, and it's very much the same as yours Legsy, scandals and stuff no one was admitting when they were alive, but its Mrs Gee's family where it all gets really ..... difficult shall we say. Her Mums family are old Cornish from Newquay, we can't even get a straight answer from Her Mum as to who her oldest son's Father is, the Grandparents were even worse with secrets being kept and untruths being entered on birth certificates and census forms. Thing is all the family know/knew little bits of these secrets but none of them have let on to the others so the jigsaws are never put together! Reminds me of Royston Vasey...

11. Legacey

It's frustrating isn't it? I only started mine as my Dad is adopted and I wanted to see if he had any brothers or sisters as he was the only child in the adoptive home. Wasn't much of a scandal on my Dad's side but my Mum's was fantastic! My Mum was born in Surrey but her half brothers (long story!) actually live about 4 miles away from me in Leicestershire! It's a small world. I got stuck on mine so started on my other half's tree and found one of his ancestor's was sentenced to hard labour in Australia for an attempt to assassinate the King, that had to be one of my favourite lines to trace

12. Aceman

Aceman

Noah is my great great great... grandfather. He's yours too. We're all cousins, 1400 times removed :lol:

13. Legacey

So how far down the line does it stop being incest I wonder? :?

14. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

When the kids dont have webbed fingers?. . .

15. D41

D41

Incest only occurs between direct relatives.

16. Legacey

Trial and error then! :lol:

Always thought it a bit weird when cousins dated. There were two of them at school who went out and you can imagine the piss taking when people found out

17. D41

D41

Cousins is proper hillbilly sh*t.....once or twice removed is OK I guess, but that's the bare minimum in my book.
    That sort of thing is not unheard of in some of the smaller and more secular religious groups here.

18. Aceman

Aceman

If you're single, PM me baby, and we can have some fun finding out :lol:

19. D41

D41

20. Aceman

Aceman

D'ya think I'm gonna get into trouble? :?