675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Another D675 Convertee..!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by elsheepo, Feb 8, 2009.

1. elsheepo

elsheepo

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say and quick hello and introduce myself. I have just traded in my Yamaha R6 for a Triumph D675. My R6 I bought new back in November so is only a few months old, great bike but has always suffered from the infamous Yamaha Tick which tbh has spoiled my experience. Numerous visits to the dealer and phone calls to Yamaha Uk and the end result is 'it's fine mate, they all make a bit of noise', not kidding, it was doing my head in. So, time for a change I thought, and what better than a super ports triple!

Here's a pic of the r6 thats going:

[​IMG]

..and here's a pic of the D675. I haven't taken deliver yet so its only a photo I took yesterday at the dealers, hopefully if this ice all clears up I should be making the swap on Wednesday:

[​IMG]

As you can see it's a Masterbike Edition so comes loaded from stock with all the carbon parts which is nice, should save my bank balence a little bit!

I'm also considering, although not sure yet, getting hold of a PYR decal kit and applying them, I do think they look really smart butgoing to dwell on it for a bit before getting carried away ;) Anyways, what do you think:

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get hold of the bike now, that sound is going to be pure bliss!

Oh, nearly forgot, it's Mike by the way. Nice to meet you all!

2. Thaibite

Thaibite

Welcome Mike, good choice of bike

Only three more sleeps till you can go get it :D

3. JDB

JDB

Welcome - you wont regret the change!

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

welcome to the site - good to see you're making the change; I can't see you regretting it for sure. Not too many of the masterbike editions around - i think there are only two other members here with one. Looks like in the showroom :) With a bit of luck the weather will improve and you'll never look back! :)

5. elsheepo

elsheepo

Yes, that's a picture of the actual bike which I took in the showroom on Saturday morning, hopefully I am going to be collecting on Wednesday but thus far, they haven't been able to move her over to the workshop to do a PDI, the road over to the workshop is thick with solid ice. Huff.

6. elsheepo

elsheepo

Thanks for all the welcomes guys :D

7. Hi Mike and welcome.

This is a great forum and I've received loads of support with questions I've had.

On your question about the PYR decals, Would putting them on a masterbike edition not take the edge away from that edition? I don't have an opinion either way, I think both with and without the decals has merits but thought it was worth asking.

8. elsheepo

elsheepo

Yes, that's a fair comment in fairness. Will give it some thought.

I like the Masterbike Edition as it comes with all the carbon parts as stock, if I was to go for decals I would factor in cost of the original decals too to put back for resale further down the line...

9. bladebiker

bladebiker

Welcome also, I have only been a member for a few days but have found loads of useful info already. That sticker kit looks a bit nifty. Where do you get that from? I must admit I thought about an R6 for a while but by all accounts they are a bit 'focused' which translates in my language as hard work!

10. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Mike,
    Not long to wait now, great choice of bike after the R6, from what I have
    read about the D675 you wont regret it, hope the weather stays fine for Wed.
    Great bunch of people on here and i am sure if you have any problems they
    will always help, I have not been joined long myself and so far Ive had a great
    response :D :D :D :D :D

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Mike,

I am so pleased I chose the 675 as apposed to the R6, although I did enjo the test ride.

Great to have you on board....enjoy. ;)