675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Another newby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rowly, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Hi everyone,
    Just a few words about myself,well after twenty five years out of the saddle I decided on impulse to purchase another
    motorcycle, it's a 2008 Daytona SE, I have to confess that having made this long yearning commitment to scare the living daylights out of me is I have not even ridden it yet,no doubt you will be thinking why not,but since surrendering my sanity last December the weather has not been to kind and despite fitting some crash mushrooms I don't feel that confident to risk all just yet but patiently wait out this horrible winter we're having.

I shall look forward to reading all your comments and experiences over the coming months and welcome any advice you can offer and of course anything Triumph.

Thank you and regards to you all,

Rowly

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the site, It's a very good community here; hope you'll find it an interesting and helpful resource. If you have any suggestions or need any help don't hesitate to ask :) Roll on the sun! :D

3. welcome to the forum Rowly

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

High Rowly.. Great to have you on board, hope you got the bike for a decent price ;)

5. Rowly

Rowly

Hi thanks for the warm welcome, the bike was first reg Aug 08 with 113 miles on the clock, Ive probably saved enough for a good holiday by purchasing second hand, but have spent most of what I saved with a few extras
    crash mushrooms as I mentioned but also a low rider gel seat and a pillion seat replacement cowl, could spend a lot more but have to rain my spending in a bit, the credit crunch and all that.

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Can you post a couple or phot's of yer bike Rowly :?:

I can't stop spending................... next poject Number Plate Mount from USA :ugeek:

7. Rowly

Rowly

Hi, Yeah will try and post some photos, still finding my way round the site so could be a while lol

8. Rowly

Rowly

Hi,I have managed to upload one image of my SE, not very good at this lark sorry.
    As you can see a bit cramped in my garage ,the bikes tucked in snugly behind
    my long term project but I wont bore any of you with that.

9. Nice bike - I really like the black and gold, and especially the those gold wheels. Mine's yellow, but I really fancy getting the wheels done.

Two tips, if I may. As you have fitted the sear cowl, try losing the pillion pegs and plug the holes with a couple of Halfords trim buttons. This cleans up the back end a treat. Second, on the photo you have disc lock fitted. Good idea, but get yourself a disk lock reminder (if you've just returned to biking, you may not know that this is a plastic coated - usually yellow - curly length of wire, which is attached to your disc lock at one end, and goes over the brake lever and around the throttle, so that when you place your hand on the throtle and brake, you can't help but feel that the disc lock is still on) before you set off with the lock on. Many have, including me (not on the 675 though, 'cos I now use a reminder).

Dunx675

10. Rowly

Rowly

Thanks for the great advice,I have heard of some folk riding off with the disc lock still attached
    not recommended and very expensive,great suggestion about the pillion pegs,not much use
    now since I fitted the cowl, looks like a trip to Halfords then and also invest in that simple
    but effective piece of wire as well,
    Once again thanks for your advice its very much appreciated.

11. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Welcome to the site rowly, some good tips from dunx especially about the disk lock. Thankfully i have never ridden off with the disk lock on, cos i have always had a reminder wire. Enjoy your stay, visit often, post regularly :-D

12. Thaibite

Thaibite

Welcome Rowly, i'm sure you will enjoy the bike once the weather clears up.

Thankfully i've never riden off with the disk lock on either :oops:

Jean

13. Rowly

Rowly

Thanks for all your comments and advice, it's nice to know there's a lot of friendly folk on this site :D :D

14. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Dunx,
    Finally got round to loosing those pillion foot pegs and plugging the holes up
    with Halfords trim buttons,you were right tidies the rear end up a treat,
    Great but simple idea well thought of Dunx thanks ;)

15. Stu

Stu

Speak to my missus about riding off with the disc lock on - she has o levels in that one :) On the rare occasion I use a disc lock I look to see which way I will be leaving ie. either reverse out or drive foward then put the disc lock to the correct side, and as near as possible to the fork so there is no travel. Less chance of damage and getting airbourne. My mate did it on a scooter and went over the handle bars. Now I'd have paid a pound to see that one :)

16. Rowly

Rowly

Another great tip Stu ;) but I'm sure someone everyday has a mishap with the disc lock
    I certainly don't fancy flying over the bars Ive been there on a push bike when I was 14
    not looking where I was going and crashed into the back of a car :eek: now that hurts :cry:
    I can't believe some of the stunts people do on Youtube with their pride and joy,
    Have you viewed the clown on the Gixer doing a hand stand and falls of the back
    of the bike, he gets up off the floor only to watch his bike continue on to crash
    into a lamp post, very expensive stunt :lol:

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Now thats a video i would like to see, do you have the link Rowly?

18. Rowly

Rowly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2ci8a3GSA[/youtube]

Justin, heres the link you requested, don't try this at home :lol: :lol:

19. what a knob....damn good shot though :lol:

20. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Bwhahahahaha! Brilliant! Bloody krauts lol