675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

any ideas

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by AcB46, Apr 29, 2009.

1. AcB46

AcB46

a week or so ago my bike became quite hard to change gear i did not think anything of it and today when i took it over to my mates the gear lever when quite sloppy and it will not hardly change gear anybody else had this problem.

2. nope, but id get it your dealer if i was you. probably something simple but better safe than sorry

3. Stu

Stu

+1 for getting it to the dealers. Is the oil level okay? I once heard on the other site about something going wrong on the output shaft.

4. I'd get it to the dealers but have a look at the the gear leaver and check that nothing is loose.

5. andysjt

andysjt

my gear lever can be a bitch ,sometimes no problem ,other days plays up ,can be sure it will stick at 3RD & refuse to go dowm anymore , have to slip the clutch a bit then it clunks down , it has always been like it from new
    so just live with it ( no problem unless you stall it trying to slip the clutch at crossroads )

going to see what triumph say when i take it for a anual service next week

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

Andysjt, i have exactly the same problem sticks in third and i have to slip the clutch, told triumph they said they couldn't find a fault (surprise) :roll:. still happens but got used to it & still stall it now and again :( :(
    Any others with the same problem?

7. AcB46

AcB46

went to see about getting it booked in at local triumph dealer they said it would be a 4 week wait till they could look at it. So i have just took it to a regular bike garage

8. andysjt

andysjt

ac,
    i will let you know what they say next week , but guess it will be the standard " we cant find a fault" reply

cheers
    andy

9. AcB46

AcB46

ok found out what could be the problem was talking to a guy that has raced a 675 for 3 year and he said that there is a shaft in the gearbox that twists and eventually makes you unable to change gear he seem to know alot about the bike so have no reason to doubt what he said .

10. The Fridge

The Fridge

that's good to no, at least the dealer will b put in the right direction straight away.
    u gonna b at Sherburn 2moro?
    u can meet chickenstrip and i at The Sunn Inn at 9.30 if u like.

11. AcB46

AcB46

i might go depends feeling a bit rough at moment think i have pig flu :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. The Fridge

The Fridge

hope u can b there AcB46 and that u feel betta soon.
    Drink lots of water

13. Mines exactly the same with 3rd gear.