675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Any reasonable ways to move the pipes lower 2010 Street Triple

Discussion in 'General' started by Valerie L Nevitt, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Valerie L Nevitt

Valerie L Nevitt

Background: New member here, thanks for reading my question (and not laughing). In addition to a 2017 V-strom and a 2016 Honda CBR, I have a 2010 Street Triple that I love, except for one thing: the pipes are WAY too close to the seat, and rides get too hot (and each of the last two years I've taken it out of storage and the front brake is dead, but that's a different story). I'm in the process of figuring out a way that I can get down to one bike and none of my current bikes fit my needs. The Triumph is my favorite from a looks standpoint and the V-strom has been the most practical, but it's top-heavy that I'm feeling unsure of myself lately (I had a very bad break on my wrist last winter while skiing and as a small-boned 58 year old, I need to be a little more cautious).

Question: I've made a list of the things I'd like to modify on the Triumph in order to make it my one and only, and first and foremost is the placement of the pipes. Has anyone found a way to install pipes further away from the seat while still keeping the attractive look of the bike?

(In case you are curious, I'm also hoping to add a wind screen that fits the design and spirit of the bike. And MAYBE handlebars more in line with touring but that is far down the last. Also need attractive bags and heated grips (I live in WI, it's a must).

2. D41

D41

Hi Valerie!
    You might want to check out an Arrow low-boy exhaust.
    It sounds like one of those or something similar, will solve all the exhaust issues you've mentioned in one shot.

• Thanks Thanks x 1