675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Anyone fitted one of these to a 2009 daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by Ff6022, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Ff6022

Ff6022

As the tittle says, anyone fitted one of these to an 09 bike.
    [​IMG]

It's the LED relay.
    I haven't got triumph LED's and was told it wouldn't work by a dealer but the relay I got now isn't.

2. Cobra135john

Cobra135john

Hello mate. I have LEDs on my 09 SE. I just used the inline LED resistors. I didnt bother with the LED relay. Works a treat on mine. What are the indicators??

3. Ff6022

Ff6022

Watsens at the front, rizoma on the rear

4. Ff6022

Ff6022

Was hoping someone could direct me in the way of earthing it

5. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I've got one on mine mate ( an '06, but the same in this respect). I don't like to see lengths of wire stringing around, so I used the bolt that mounts the bracket behind it to mount the ring earth terminal onto. It works perfectly on my bike.
    Hth.

6. Ff6022

Ff6022

Thanks bud. Don't suppose you could rustle up a little piccy.
    Is it the bolt that mounts the bracket to the alternater case?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ff6022

Ff6022

Also will I not have to run the online resistors?

8. StMarks

StMarks PTG

[​IMG]
    I don't seem to have a picture that shows it, so I've just taken one . However my panels are on, so the view is poor.
    The bracket that i used for the earth is the one that bolts to the front of the L/H casing, that the solenoids & radiator are mounted on. It is right below the indicator relay as shown in that picture.

In location.jpg

9. Ff6022

Ff6022

No that's brilliant, thanks st marks. I will get to fitting asap.
    What LED's are you running by the way?

10. StMarks

StMarks PTG

When I fitted that I was running the R6 flush front ones & mini arrow rears with LED lamps in them. I have since used it with Watsens front flush & with Oxford Nano rear. It seems to happily supply a consistent flash rate irrespective of load (it even ticks away regularly when I have her track fairings & no indicators at all.! ).

11. Ff6022

Ff6022

Brilliant. Finally, did you use any inline resistors with it?

12. StMarks

StMarks PTG

No.
    I fitted the Triumph LED indicator relay specifically because I don't like resistors. They are inherently wasteful technology & furthermore I don't like the idea of red hot blocks attached to my wiring harness tucked away in my bike.

13. Fitted triumph led indicators to mine with triumph relay I am sure the relay fits where the original one goes with rubber mounting boot used 6mm bolt for the earth just behind radiator

14. Ff6022

Ff6022

Nice one, thank you mate. I will get on this as soon as I get time. Appreciate all the help

Is that the earth I see just above the solenoid? Left of the header.

15. Yes mate that’s where I put mine there are plenty of other areas just check they are not rubber mounted.i would connect relay up turn on indicator and hold Earth wire in bolt if indicators work Earth is fine saves running wire to battery. I cut a piece out of Earth eyelet saves removing bolt just loosen enough slide eyelet underneath and tighten up should work perfectly

16. Sorry just checked first Earth to close to header because of heat there is another earth point it’s a Allen key head 5 or 6mm right next to relay I added a new eyelet after shortening Earth cable or use cables ties too keep tidy attached photo