675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Anyone used these

Discussion in 'General' started by Ff6022, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Ff6022

Ff6022

As title says, anyone used these for there position lights on an 09' Daytona. Any issues? Just wanna make them white over yellow.
    Also if anyone know a good H7 white light to replace the OEM yellow one that would be great. Also don't want the hassle of the HID's.
    [​IMG]

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

LED's are a developing technology, and eventually will replace tungsten all together. I have changed all my side lights, indicators etc... on all my vehicles for LED for quite a while.
    However I have not yet found any LED plug & play replacement light sources that I feel are sufficiently powerful to replace headlamp bulbs.
    It will happen, after all some new cars can come with LED headlamps now.

3. martin675

martin675

The thing i find with led is they are powerful short projection but they dont throw light as far as a halogen does.

4. martin675

martin675

Philips is a safe bet though quality wise. Philips, osram are some of the best.

5. triple7

triple7

Recently bought some Philips Ultra Vision bulbs for my car and genuinely impressed. Nice white light and light output seems marginally better. Tried Osrams before on the recommendation of others but wasn't very impressed tbh, felt they look exactly the same as normal halogens but just my opinion.

6. Ff6022

Ff6022

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I just did it anyway. Makes my dip beam look yellow now though and that's meant to be a Bosch white little

7. Stu675

Stu675

HID is really not much hassle. just drill 25mm hole in the cover (they come with a rubber bung) then it's plug & play.
    Great for dipped, but I wouldn't use for full beam (unless it was an H4 application)

8. triple7

triple7

As Stu says, I've added a HID to the dip beam side and it makes a world of difference!

9. cpszx

cpszx

i am running 2x HIDs on my Sprint and they do make a big difference.
    although have added some strategic tape to mask the glare that they give off, to be kind to drivers...

10. Me to hid on dipped beam and supper bright side light bulbs.Hid quite easy to fit makes a whole lot of difference