675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Anything anyone want's to see changed?

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Craig, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

As an ongoing project I'll be updating and making changes etc... But most of all I need to know if anyone here want's to see something added/changed. I'm all ears so let me know if anything! :)

2. Stu

Stu

Can we have pictures of naked ladies please :)

3. Craig

Craig

Like your style of thinking :!: ;)

4. A great site so far but it would be helpful if more members gave a Town/City location on their profile page as this would enable members to contact other D675 fans in or near their area with a view to meeting up and possible rideouts.

Midgeman.

5. Craig

Craig

Thanks, It's good to see the site becoming more active; it's been an ongoing project for a while and it's good to see it grow day-by-day. Hopefully it's benefiting all members so far :)

It's a tough one really, I've considered making it mandatory for users to fill out the location field however I believe that people should have the choice to reveal that information on their own accord.

One thing that is in favor is the 675 map tab, gives detailed geographic location and distance information between participating users. The can be accessed via the user control panel (ucp.php) then selecting the "Profile" tab followed by the "Edit Map Profile" link. Then you'll show on the "Map" tab in the menu.

I've recently been thinking of ways on how to make this clearer and I've got a few idea's to try out that will hopefully attract members to the map; obviously it's not recommended to give out the exact details of where the member resides... :) I'm open to any other suggestions that also may help bringing members together... :)

6. a popular thing on some forums is a list of who is actually logged into the site, and a small chatbox so you can say hello etc...., all the smalltalk that doesn't really belong in a thread.

7. Craig

Craig

It's on the card's, a couple things holding me back at the moment is that the chat feature is difficult to moderate and I'm keen to keep this site distant from any possible political conflict between any other site and the second thing is that the board I feel isn't active enough to host a chat room but hopefully that'll will improve with time and advertising (touch wood) :)

At the bottom of of the forum list it'll say who's browsing at the moment and when viewing a topic just next to where the user name is to the top left of that box you may see a small grey circle. This also indicates that the user is online - kinda a feature that's not known :p

8. While looking for pics of other 675s, I came across this....

[​IMG]

Not naked I know but it's a start!!!! ;)

9. Stu

Stu

Took me a while but there is a bike in that picture. :)

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

how about a 'babe of the day' box on the side. Im sure that would go down nicely. Your'll find one on the www.fastbikeforum.co.uk website, and i think it is a delightful touch!

11. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

The clock is out by an hour on the site. When I post, it is saying ive done it in an hours time. Sort it out craig! lol

12. Craig

Craig

Hmmm, when do the clocks roll forward due to daylight savings as that'll correct it :lol: I'll have a look, think it could be the server out though ;p

13. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Congratulations on the new 'off topic' section or as I have nick-named it 'Justin's spam section'

14. Craig

Craig

lol; thought you may off! :D

15. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

What would you think of a "Swap - Shop" Bits we've got for bits we want straight swap type thing maybe :?: :geek:

16. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Id like the weather to change, im getting sick of the cold now

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I want the powerpoints to be over!

18. Craig

Craig

haha, not long ! :D Just wait until you're on EGAL the fun! :D

19. SteveH

SteveH

Hi Craig,

Is there anyway to make things so that when you click on a link it opens in a new tab/window, rather than in the existing one? Or am I missing a setting somewhere??

I only ask as I find it a tad annoying when your reading down a post, see a link, click on it and then have to navigate back to the post if the link is halfway down to read the rest of the post.

Cheers

Steve

20. Stu

Stu

+1 from me on that one.