675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

arrow questions?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by d8mok, Dec 16, 2009.

1. d8mok

d8mok

Maybe thinking about a arrow slip on can to replace my TOR one.

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Daytona-6 ... a4ffc2614f

Do they bolt straight on? i have a evotech tail tidy will this fit?

do u retain the original heatsheild?

Will the bike need remapping again?

What sorta money does a seconf hand TOR can with carbon end cap fetch roughly?

2. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Wow! Thats a lot of money!

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Hi,

I bought my arrow can from Total triumph they are in taunton which is handy for me :D they fitted it and remapped it in one go. It uses all the brackets etc off the standard can and uses the same heatshield though it looks much better with the CF one fitted. I have taken the baffle out on mine and had a PC111 fitted since, it makes a lot of difference IMO . :D :D

4. It's an easy job to fit by yourself if you have a few sockets, cos that's all you need. And yes, it will fit a evotech no problem atall.

To fit it you need to remove the rear fairing...take off riders seat, and pillion so you can get to the 4 big silver bolts. Use appropriate allen key to undo them, then pull the tail fairing off, as you do, disconnect the brake light.

Now you should be able to see the top of the heatshield...undo the four bolts with an 8mm (i think) socket, and pull them out (once they are undone, sometimes they need an extra wiggle) Once these 4 are out, you can pull the heatshield out, just keep wiggling it until it comes free.

Now you can see the bolts to attach tail tidy, and the big one that holds the exhaust. Take of the tail tidy (normally 4 small bolts) and disconnect it.

Then you will need a socket, for the back of the bolt holding the exhaust in place, and an allen key for the other sider...use opposite motions on each and it will come undone. Loosen off, but don't pull it out just yet. Now...look near the right passenger footpeg, you will see the ehxuast clamp. Loosen this off a fair bit until it is no longer clamping.

Take out the big bolt at the back you already loosened, and then you basically slide the ehxuast out backwards. Install is the exact opposite, it's easy, trust me!

5. Oh, and I have a TOR for sale if your interested, sort me £135 and I'd happily post it. Don't have the carbon endcap as that already sold, but got mine 2nd hand on ebay for £25.

6. The big problem I found when I considered a TOR exhaust, a few years ago, was that there was no significant loss in weight. It was 'strudily' made like the standard 'zorst and made a fruitier sound but I couldn't see the major benefit.
    My advice would always be to go for one that is much lighter when you pick it up than the road can. You'll immediately feel the difference on the road. Not sure what the 'new' arrow is like but, if it like their other cans it should be good. I ended up with a Zard and I could not believe the difference in handling it provided.
    That Arrow does look nice ........... mmmmmmmm ;)