675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Arrow slip on silencer

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Your thoughts and opinions on the Arrow slip on silencer or any other
    systems for the D675 road legal or not and has anyone fitted a can
    that does not comply with noise regs and subsequently been stopped
    by the kill joys :oops: and what the result of your impending doom.
    I think this issue is a very contentious one with pros and cons and
    no doubt we will attempt to break the the law in the name of our
    enjoyment but before I splash my cash I would like the forums
    well respected advice on this subject.
    Thank you :?

2. hi rowly, i put a scorpion can on mine, pictures in the gallery if you want a look...it is road legal until you take the baffle out, makes a nice noise with no baffle and if you carry it with you you have an excuse for mr plod, "the screw fell out officer"...some systems require a re- map which costs extra...if the system isnt legal its not just plod you need to worry about but mot as well as you need to put a legal system on, lots of messing about...i think the louder the system is the more attention you draw to yourself and it also depends on the attitude of your local plod...not sure what the penalties for such infringements are but theres bound to be a fine and probably some points aswell..really annoys me that us bikers are limited to what silencers we can use and car drivers can bung on any old dustbin sized thing and get away with it :evil: at the end of the day the choice is purely down to you, what you like the look of, how much you want to pay and how much risk youre willing to take...whatever you choose, im sure itll sound mental

3. Rowly

Rowly

Thanks for the sound advice Nigel, ;) lots to think about then :?: :?: :?: but I agree with you
    on the dustbin size systems on some cars, I was following one today not just one dustbin but
    four of them,looked stupid but as you say they get away with it, I think its because we are
    governed by the loony bureaucrats in Brussels that make these regulations when they've
    consumed to much Stella on a Fri lunch session :lol:

4. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Nigel,
    Just checked out your Scorpion can on the gallery looks great, did you require
    a ECU download for this can :?: and is any download on the ECU limited to
    Triumph dealers :?: also is that a Skidmarx Hugger you are sporting on
    one of the photo's :?:

5. hi rowly, i think youre right about brussels, bet its them that decide we pay more road tax than certain cars aswell...still, back to the issue at hand..the can was a straight swap for the original with no other mods, cost 190 quid from the trade stand at the n e c bike show...the hugger comes from ebay, im sure i can find the sellers name again if you need it..he sells them for 36 quid or a carbon one for about 60, a lot cheaper than skidmarx and its a good fit...as for the ecu downloads i think they are limited to dealers but im probably wrong , i am sure one of the other fine fellows on here knows more about these things..glad to be of help

6. Rowly

Rowly

I went to the NEC ordered my new lid still waiting for it though.
    Thanks for your help with the can as I said lots to consider on
    this subject, will checkout ebay. ;)

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I have the Triumph Original Race Can -sounds great tool 20 minutes to fit and remap cost £25 - loads better sound and pulls like stink. Well chuffed - pics in gallary. Bought mine as job lot with carbon, gel seat & double bubble - so cant complain at price. Well woth the cash. Mind I do like the Street Tiple Arrow Can same as Speed tripple and also fits the 675 but looks a bit R6 ish?

8. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Jap,is yours Triumph part A9600175 priced at £259, Ive just looked at yours
    on the gallery and checked out the Triumph accessory web page.
    Also is that the standard remap cost through triumph :?:

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Rowly, as for part number I have no idea but you can getthe can on ebay for around £150. The Lads at Robinsons took half an hour to do the remap so £25 sempt OK. I use Philip Youls now in Blackburn, very helpfull so worth giving them a call I'm sure they can point you in the right direction price wise. Alll the lads at Robinsons said is that it would run rich if not remapped so waist fuel. I did feel a Big difference when it had been done though. Keep your original can for the MOT as it wont pass with the sports can on!!! Oh and the carbon.........that's extra.