675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

AUTOCOM

Discussion in 'General' started by keithspurs2000, Apr 2, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

Has anyone here used the autocom 200 or similar. I fancy listening to a few beats when i'm cruising around all summer but i dont know if its worth the money. Can anyone persuade me otherwise and part with £100.

2. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I bought an autocom stystem of tinternet. Looked good and after umming and arring i ordered it and parted with £99 A few weeks later I was told they were out of stock and they wern't getting anymore in so I got my money back. Now I just make do with iPod, and if i do have a pillion I just shout and they shout back. It's a good system really, and less than half the price :-D

3. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

theres still a few on ebay however numbers are dwindling slowly.

4. To be honest, I use an ipod but only for long motorway journeys. As much as I love my wife, I wouldn't want her talking to me from the back all the time (like in the car)! She sqeezes if she's not happy and that is enough communication for me, when I'm riding!!!! ;)

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I'll find out what my mate as bought us all there are now 5 of us heading through France down to italy through all the nice places so he has got us all a head set that hooks up to his controler??? :geek: :ugeek:

Sounds intereting, but if they are going to be banging on all the way down there it's OUT of my lid :eek: :lol: :cool:

6. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

The great thing is you could turn it off. You can't do that in a car ;-)

7. I'd not realised that I could turn her off. That said, she would carry on talking and then I'd get in even more trouble for not haveing been listening!

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Now on /off switch that is a damn fine idea. Ron where's the switch mate :?: :geek:

9. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Shame they are not fitted as standard to all 'female liveware' lol

10. Hi Keith,

I just bought an AUTOCOM 200 DUO and used it for the first time today.

First impressions were that it was bloody brilliant....after some fiddling to fit the ear pieces and mic in the helmet, I just popped a new battery in and it worked really well.

During the ride the sound quality is pretty good....a lot better than when I just used Ipod headphones (ended up near deaf after that one as I had to have it full blast!)

I think it just takes a bit of fiddling to get it set up right as the VOX tended to kick in when I got to about 70...so the music volume kept dipping....but I just need to fiddle with the setting in the control box and make it a bit tougher to trip the VOX. Jus done that and gonna test it out later this evening.

I also got round to actually fitting under the seat. There is a handy little space behind the battery (although the alarm might be here if you have one fitted?) Went in like a dream and the wires just come neatly from under the seat. Just have to remember that I'm attached when I get off!

Hope this is useful. I will let you know if anything untowards happens.

11. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

cheers mate. im still thinking i ''need'' one. ive gat an alarm so id have to stick the unit in my pocket or something. i think ill get one soon though. keep me updated please on the vox thing.

12. I just put mine in my pocket to start with and it's fine.

After moving the VOX setting a bit higher I couldn't get the wind noise to trigger it, but I only got to about 70. I think it takes a bit of practice to get into the habit of speaking in a way that is loud enough when the vox is set like this. I think it just needs tinkering time to get it set up correctly.

If you get one let me know how you get on. If I come across anything new I'll let you know.

Cheers
    Sparky