675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

BACK PROTECTOR

Discussion in 'General' started by keithspurs2000, Jun 16, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

Im looking for a good comfortable back protector. Anybody got anything they can recommend?

2. ive only got ones in my jackets but been thinking about for a while espcially for the weekend rides

3. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

just bought one. thanks zilla.

4. NP mate, hope you like it.

Ive also bought the hip protectors to put into my leathers

5. I got a forcefield to. My Alpinestars jacket had no armour at all :D

6. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

I've plenty of armour in my leathers. I look like coco the clown when not on the bike.

7. crj

crj

I use a Knox Contour and find it fits OK under leathers, comfortable too. Was surprised at the thinness of protection in my Arlen Ness suit, particularly at the hips.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have UFO back protector, had it a few years and very happy with it...

[​IMG]

9. andysjt

andysjt

all right guys,

do you have a back protector on as well as the protectors inside your leathers or instead of ?

as the ones in my h/g jacket are fairly thick ,another layer & i would feel like Quasimodo
    :lol:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have taken the ones out of my other jackets and simply wear this underneath them.

11. crj

crj

My Arlen Ness 1 piece hasn't got any inbuilt back protection except for the 'hump'

12. No back protectors on my jackets, just the forcefield one. In mt experiance the ones that come fitted in jackets tend to be pretty crap and no CE markings.

13. spike

spike

my new leathers have a knox back protector and the usual shoulder elbows etc supplied
    also pants even have hip as well as knee protection supplied also from knox ;) which is a reputable brand and is CE marked
    my old hein gerike leathers had hiprotec protection back etc (also CE marked) and did well in crash surveys in bike magazine and in two get offs ( i would of bought these again but they no longer do tribal leathers range )
    personally i tend to go for leathers that offer the best protection against value for money.
    the more costly brands such as alpinestars etc tend to give you sod all in the protection department :?

14. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

I received it this morning and it looks a top piece of kit.

15. When you wear it and it gets warm then it will mould to the shape of your back :)

After you take it off and it cools down again its slowly goes back to the original shape.

Im sure you will be happy with it :)

16. mark mac

mark mac

My Spidi one peice does have the slots for CE protection to be fitted afterwards but I chose to buy a Knox body armour with an attachable chest protector. I bought it as it was in a sale upstairs at Bill Smiths in Chester! Otherwise I'd have gone for the Forcefield as that felt comfortable when I tried it on whilst choosing my leathers..

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Ive got a dainese 'wave' back protector. Very comfortable and fits quite nicely under the one piece, with and without the speedhump