675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Bad service - Hideout

Discussion in 'General' started by DaytonaSparky, May 22, 2009.

1. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

Hi all,

Just thought I would share my experience of this online shop.

Lost a toe slider from my Alpinestare boots, and found a reasonably cheap replacement at Hideout.

£10 a pair, so I bought two pairs and postage was also £10!

Thought it was a bit steep, but needed them, so went ahead.

This was on Sunday. On Wednesday still had not heard anything regards them being shipped, so sent them an email. On Thursday they emailed me back saying they had been shipped that day. Now at £10 i was expecting next day delivery, but when I didn't receive them today (Friday) I emailed asking where they were and for the delivery charge to be refunded.

All I got in reply was a quote from their delivery T&C's and "I'm sorry that they have not arrived" but basically they won't do anything about it.

Just have to wait I suppose, but I won't be using them again as it has taken a stupidly long amount of time!

Might be being a bit harsh....but it annoyed me so thought I would share my views.

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

Its good to share your views and expreriences with dealers and shops. There is no excuse for poor service :(

3. SteveH

SteveH

I'd check the T&C's of sale on their website mate. If it's http://www.hideout-leather.co.uk that your on about it says on their website,

"Delivery is charged by value of order and is automatically added to the price of your purchase. We process your order right away. Most in-stock orders are delivered within 7 business days in the UK, worldwide orders do take longer"

So judging by that they charge 50% of the value of the order as carriage :O

On further investigation they offer free carriage if you spend over £50, but god only knows how long that would take. £10 for a 7 day service is rather steep though.

Had a quick look at their T&C's (Used to work dealing with this type of thing)

Comments as follows, in red for each section of their T&C's but I have to say reading through them it's pretty standard stuff from online dealers although it does cover their ar5e and say they'll pretty much charge you for everything.

6.1 Whilst every reasonable effort shall be made to keep to any estimated delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any other person or Company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date. The Goods may be delivered by the Seller in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
    This bit basically says they can take as long as they see fit to deliver.

6.2 Notification of delivery may be made by telephone call/message, email, fax or by post on the due date.
    This bit says they MIGHT call you the day it's going to be delivered (but I doubt this ever happens)

6.3 A carrier’s first attempt to deliver shall be considered as the delivery date and unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller all deliveries can take place up until 6 pm.
    This basically says they set the delivery date by making a delivery attempt whether your there to receive it or not unless you tell them in writing otherwise (which of course will take longer to get to them than the delivery SHOULD take

6.4 Unless otherwise agreed the Seller may deliver by instalments and in such case each instalment shall be treated as a separate contract and any delay, default or non-delivery in respect of any instalment by the Seller shall not entitle the Buyer to cancel the remainder of the contract.
    Thats says they can deliver your order 1 bit at a time if they like, and whether it screws you or not being delivered like that, well, tough you can't cancel once the first item arrives

6.5 Failure by the Buyer to pay for any instalments or delivery when due shall entitle the Seller to withhold any further deliveries and the Buyer shall be liable for any costs incurred by the Seller relating to such Goods.
    They won't deliver to you anymore if you don't pay for it. I assume they'd try to charge for each delivery if they decide to split the order then refuse to deliver the rest or credit your money if you don't pay up (which I'm pretty sure they can't do)

6.6 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer's address and the Buyer shall make arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
    You have to be in to receive the goods

6.7 If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give the Seller adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Buyer’s reasonable control) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller may:
    If your not in they will....

6.7.1 store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
    Store the goods and charge you for it.

6.7.2 sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price of the contract.
    Sell the goods at whatever price they like then charge you for storage and for the shortfall from the price they sold the goods for.

6.8 The method of despatch for all sales shall be at the Seller's discretion.
    This is the bit that has you by the balls!! They can send it how the hell they like

6.9 The Seller's delivery charges and the timing of all deliveries shall be as published from time to time. Any promotional offers in respect of delivery charges shall only apply to UK mainland and Northern Ireland.
    They can change the way they deliver whenever the hell they like

6.10 A delivery insurance charge, as published from time to time, shall be added to orders at the Seller's discretion and is non-refundable.
    They will add insurance to the delivery if they think it's needed, which, you've guessed it. They charge you for!

Sooooooooooo, hope that helps. Made interesting reading for me. I most CERTAINLY will NEVER use this company based on reading that and your experiences mate. Regardsless of how good their prices are.

Cheers

Steve

4. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

Cheers Steve! Certainly some reading to do there!

I'm sure they won't be like this everytime, but how often is too often for bad service?

Cheers fellas

5. Rowly

Rowly

A very informative post Mr H ................ It sounds very much like they are making
    on the postal charges, like you say Sparky for £10 they should have been delivered
    next day.

REMEMBER NOT ALL ROBBERS WEAR MASKS :x

6. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

Just received them in the normal post today.

Took a week to arrive....which although not bad by some standards, takes the p!*s when you pay £10 for it.

Just something to be wary of I suppose!

Make the boots look like new tho....well...almost!

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - especially Schedule 2 - are your friend... Google them and have a look at schedule 2. Brussels-inspired consumer protection laws - they're brilliant - I often use them to beat up people who try to hide behind one sided nonsense.