675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Barmouth/Pwllheli

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Edski675, May 30, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

You'll recall we went to Barmouth in April - it would be great to go back. Or maybe Pwllheli if we take the simply excellent 'Coghead Road' round the north side of Llyn Celin (bluer than the Danube :cool: and check out that left bend around the lake - go on, get out the atlas and have a look - it's slightly north of Bala) to Trawsfynydd, turn right up towards Porthmadog, and on to Pwllheli. It doesn't take very long from Shrewsbury as Coghead Road is - er - fast, long overtaking straights and sweeping open bends. If ever a road was designed for motorcycles, this is it. We could go across the mountain tops to Bala, it's just fantastic, Keith, Spike, Andy and Ian will confirm, and then take Coghead Road. Or we could stick to what we did last time round and go via the Ponderosa and then sit on the A494.

Yes/no??? Comments? Any preferred dates? I had some time in July in mind cos it doesn't get dark until late, but whenever really. I'm also putting this up on http://www.sv650.org - I hang out on there as well.

Ed

2. I was there today Ed. Myself Day (just got his bike back after smashing it up) and Gary. Fanny hanging outa the place.

3. Edski675

Edski675

??? Eh? Did you mean to type that :lol: Perhaps it means a different thing in Norn Iron :lol:

And where were you? I'm guessing Barmouth, in which case we (Ian & me) nearly met you, but at Trawsfynydd I decided to turn left rather than right - we would have gone through Harlech down to the Bar. Wrong choice, the A470 was boring and the traffic on the A458 back was just diabolical.

4. yep meant to type it and totally true. good ride it was.

5. andysjt

andysjt

ed ,
    id be up for a ride , just depend on the date ? any ideas ?

want to see this fanny thing anyway

6. Edski675

Edski675

Would look something like this

http://tinyurl.com/ngbx7r

Dates - no not got that far. I've just remembered that we have two Spanish students stopping with us in the first 3 weeks of July so I doubt I'll be allowed out to play until 25/26 July. So either before end June or else end July I'm afraid. What's everyone's availability?

7. andysjt

andysjt

im good for june end of july a nogo for me i afaid

8. spike

spike

im good for june im on my weekends off at the moment, will be working weekend shifts in july :(

9. End of June good for me as I should have the bike back together in its new livery by then.

Midgeman.

10. jimjam39

jimjam39

I can do the 20th June ! In fact ive been working non-stop for 4 weeks and ive got a day off tomorrow, I'm going out to do it 2moz afternoon, as its one of my favourite roads :)

11. Edski675

Edski675

OK I will check this date with the SV peeps also.

I guess you're talking about the Tanat Valley road :cool: Other side of the tops, into Bala, is pretty good too.

12. jimjam39

jimjam39

Had a great run out on the "Llyn Celyn loop" today, and then on to Barmouth, Harlech and back round Llyn Celyn ! :D .Also popped up to the Ponderosa on the way back. Absolutely fantastic day, it was really quiet , well apart from the howl of the triple as I wrung it's neck :) But now i'm off to work for a 12hr nightshift (again) :(

13. Edski675

Edski675

Saturday 20 June it is.

Meet up at Telford Services (M54, J4) at 9.30, Shrewsbury Services (A5/A49, south side of town) at 10. I will be at Telford to meet and greet.

Route as above. Basically Shrewsbury, A5, Knockin, Tanat Valley and over the Berwyns to Bala, A4212, right towards Porthmadog, on to Pwllheli. No detailed route plan this time, so we'll do a bt more spontaneity this time.

If anyone from further afield than the Midlands would like to come then please PM me or call me on 07 837 213 984 and I'll see what I can sort out re acommodating. Might be my tent in the garden if dryish or else my sleeping bag/s on the floor. So you won't need to carry anything.

OK? Hope for dry weather. Peeps, this is a fantastic ride, I can't tell you how fantastic the Tanat Valley is, and the view over the tops on a fine day is simply brilliant. As long as you're not doing silly speed, that is :roll: So all you south-westerners and northerners please listen :D , you're very welcome :D

Ed

14. andysjt

andysjt

hi Ed ,
    hope all is well in your world
    do you know how many are going to attend this run ?

cheers
    andy

15. Edski675

Edski675

Nope - but I hope considerably less than the 50 bikes we had last time. It was like herding cats :lol:

I am not doing nearly as much organising. I think we only had so many last time round cos it was the first ride after a long winter.

16. jimjam39

jimjam39

I will be coming along Edski, however I may be on a Kawasaki :eek: . My 675 is going back in tomorrow, as it is still leaking oil :( .

17. jimjam39

jimjam39

On second thoughts I may not be coming, they have given me an ER 5N as a courtesy bike :( . And its awful :eek: . It has no midrange at all, you have to rev the nuts of it to make it pull at all. And its got one of them old fashioned things on the handlebars, you know, one of them things that help the engine warm up......what are they called. Oh yes , a choke :? :D
    It only has one front disc :!: . It has made me appreciate my 675 instantly, and unless they get my 675 sorted by the weekend, there will be no "spirited riding" for me this weekend :( .Will keep you updated tho Edski.

18. Edski675

Edski675

er... it's not this weekend, it's Sat 20th

19. andysjt

andysjt

its got one of them old fashioned things on the handlebars, you know, one of them things that help the engine warm up......what are they called. Oh yes , a choke

a what ????? you are jokeing ?