675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Batteries

Discussion in 'General' started by Ff6022, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Ff6022

Ff6022

Hi guys,
    After advice as my electrical knowledge is minimal.
    So upon tapping my reg in YuasaUK,
    They advised this battery:
    IMG_2589.JPG
    Which I went ahead and brought in Halfords awesome sale.

However I pulled this battery from the bike:

IMG_2588.JPG

Which was the same as the original.

So my question is, does anyone see why I can’t use this battery?
    It’s in the bike, it sparks up. I see there is less CCA but if it fires up does that matter? I only use in in the summer and British summers are shite but not that cold.

And someone did say that the YTX9’s had something wrong with them meaning they would loose a cell quick, which stands true with me as gone through a couple of batteries quick even though on an optimate.
    Is this why Yuasa recommend the YT7B now?

Any answered appreciate. Thanks

2. SW73

SW73

My understanding is while there are minor differences to the capability of the batteries, it's the physical size that makes the most difference. In your shoes, if it fits, I'd install it and keep it on an optimate when not in use. You'll get no trouble. Great buy. I've one too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using 675.cc mobile app

3. bladebiker

bladebiker

Isn’t the ytx 9 the one they put in the later models. The 7 is what was fitted to the earlier models that had the RR issues I think. I understood that you couldn’t retro fit the 9 Battery without increasing the size of the battery tray. Could be wrong though !

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

4. Mick102

Mick102

The 06 - 08 battery is the YT7B and the battery tray was changed on the 09 bike to accommodate the larger YTX9 which was just a bit more stronger/ reliable long term.

My 06 bike has the 09 battery tray fitted but I’m still running the old YT7B battery until it dies. Just put some memory foam down the side so it doesn’t rattle around. Bike will run on either battery without problems.

5. I've got an 06 Daytona, but I use the larger battery. As mentioned it doesn't fit in the 06-08 battery tray, but I just sliced the side of the undertray and made a revised bracket.

6. Ff6022

Ff6022

O ok. Thanks for the advise guys. As it was just a tenner I’ll use it till it gives up. It would seem it’s the wrong battery but works fine. Hopefully it might even last longer than the last two I’ve put in.
    Shoulda check the original in the first place but you figure the battery company knows.

Cheers

7. scaramanga

scaramanga

if the bike stands a long time remove the battery
    that way the battery wont die as quick
    they dont like standing connected up with no regular use