675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Been out playing

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Stu

Stu

Jean and me decided that since Saturday was such a nice day that we would go out for a play. Guess what, I got tendonitis in my right foot and couldn't walk this morning. I took some ibuprofen and it's hit or miss whether it works or not. Fortunately it worked so we popped of to Wakefield to drop the mother day bits of for Jean’s mum.

We set for our trip to get fish and chips at the seaside but the trip was nearly cut short when I was going straight ahead at the first decent roundabout. I checked it was clear and banked it over for a spirited exit only to find the road was closed with a concrete barrier across the road. Oh sh1t I thought looking for a gap in the barrier. I managed to stop in time but it did put the wind up me a little. There were no signs to say the road was closed 

Anyway a great day to blow some cob webs out on what seems like the first ride in ages that me & Jean have had in a long time. It was good to see some 50 something bloke in his car with his grumpy wife drooling over his and hers matching 675’s. He couldn’t take his eyes off of them.

Anyway we ended up in Hornsea which is a place I haven’t been to since I was a kid. Summer is definitely on it’s way :D

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Nice on Stu.......Jeannie as even hinted at comming on the bake of the beats so I need to get the rear pegs back on................ See you both on the road some time soon I hope ;)

3. JDB

JDB

Have you been drinking or is it some strange Northern dialect?! A logic checker (as opposed to spelling) might help to make sense - it confused me for a while - only joking!

4. It must be northern as it made perfect sense to me!

5. Stu

Stu

I'll translate for you.

:D

I hope this makes things clearer. I will have a word with Craig about installing the Northern Monkey Translator plugin which I believe if shareware.

6. JDB

JDB

Ahhh - its clear now!
    I'm off to WH Smiths for a Northern-Southern dictionary - but thanks for translating!
    I have also found this of use - http://www.geordie.org.uk/
    When I enter "His better half has agreed to ride pillion on Ray's Daytona 675 but before she does, said Ray will need to replace so vital safety equipment" - I get "His betta horf has agreed te ride pillion on Ray's Daytona 675 but before sheh does, sez Ray will need te replace so vital safety equipment " - so there's obviously several dialects up north....

7. Yep, unlike Southerners who all sound the same.......

COCKNEY

8. JDB

JDB

I suppose its better than Americans - who always seem to ask if we (Brits) are Aussies.....

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

LOL :D :lol: More a case of Merlot dialect as apposed Northern dialect ;) .................... Nuph Said :?