675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Big Thumbs up for GT Motorcycles Plymouth

Discussion in 'General' started by Admiral Nelson, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Copy of the email I just sent to Mike Grainger MD

Dear Mike

I called the workshop on Monday to ask if they could fit me in for a Triumph off road tune for the Daytona 675 race can, which I had purchased privately and fitted. I was asked if I could bring the bike in next week. I replied that I was hoping to be at Cadwell on Tuesday, and was surprised when the workshop said that I could bring it in Wednesday afternoon. We agreed a time of 1530. I called the workshop at 1530 to say that I was running late and arrived about 1620. As soon as I arrived they said they would take it in staight away whilst I had a cup of coffee. Lee mentioned that one of my numberplate bolts was missing on my bike and that it was only attached on one side. I was delighted that your guys saw it and replaced it FOC. I was even more delighted that I was only charged for the 15 minutes work to tune the bike. In this day and age, many other dealers would have insisted on a minimum of an hours labour. Please thank your workshop and the sales team for the fantastic service.

2. kingfixer

kingfixer

Mines in for it's 6000 mile service today, lets see if i get the same service at Fowlers !! :erm:

3. markirel

markirel

That's great. I'm finding the Triumph dealers are really good too.

Bought my bike 2nd hand at almost 3-years old (only 520 miles on clock!) through a private sale and for insurance purposes I had to get an approved alarm fitted. Decided I'd go for the Triumph/Datatool option to avoid anyone butchering the electronics and so took it to my local dealer, Pidcock in Nottingham. Whilst in they identified a couple of outstanding warranty items that had not been done and so booked another appointment for me but not before kindly updating the latest engine software for the TOR exhaust because I mentioned the bike was a bit hesitant. The update was free of charge and it turned out that the chief mechanic only lives a couple of miles from me so for the warranty work I dropped it off at his house and he tooked to work with him. In addition to the warranty they balanced the throttles too which had shown as a bit out when the software was updated.

Service in the show room was great with lots of helpful advice and free coffee. The fact that I hadn't bought the bike from them didn't matter, I was a triumph customer and that is that. Service like this is what wins customer loyalty and I'm hooked.

The chief mechanic is a great chap, a real biking enthusiast and extremely knowledgeable. He makes his own paddock stands, specific to the D675 and street tripple as well as starters for race bikes. If anyone is interested he sells these on ebay. Check shop: Foxley-Stands-and-Starters. They're a bit pricey but beautifully made. When I have the funds these are on my list.

4. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

it would be better if you posted the link... and did him a flavour :D

5. markirel

markirel

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

Well just got the bike back no dramas, £134 for 6000 service :?: hadn't had a chance to clean it since we did the 675 rideout last weekend, so pleasantly surprised to find it gleaming when i turned up NO DEAD FLIES !!

7. jimjam39

jimjam39

I think that is a good price for a 6000 mile service :!:

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

So do I, mine was £175.

9. markirel

markirel

That's a good price to aim for. We could do with a couple of dealers who are prepared to discount parts and servicing for 675.cc members.