675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

bikeing wether

Discussion in 'General' started by andysjt, Mar 15, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

fantastic wether today ,went for a blast past the raven must have been 200 bikes + on the car park ,then down to wrexham & back though malpas, wolvo , great to see so many bikes out .
    sadly i saw too many bikes overtaking on solid whites & going 50-60 in a 30 zone ,now i like a blast as much as anyone & would not want to spoil anyones fun but to me this is asking for trouble or am i getting old ?

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

HI Andy, I resisted the temptation today and just got the Beast, the Volvo and the VW cleaned...... :?

I saw loads of Gleaming Bikes out and thought to myself, when was the last time those saw light of day :?:

Hope you had a good ride and I alway prefer to ride alone or with a small group that way things don't run away with themselves :)

Hope to catch up with you on the 4th April. Fitted the rear seat lugage today so have a bit of storage space for the over night stay :D :D :D at Telford

3. first bit of decent weather for months and im stuck indoors, plastering and laminate flooring :(

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I set off early and had a great time :D riding around south Shropshire. Shrewsbury - Ironbridge - Buildwas - Much Wenlock - Morville - Corvedale - Craven Arms, stopped for a bacon and egg buttie at Harry Tuffins cafe (which is closing) before heading back to Shrewsbury. Had to be back for 11 to take 10 yo daughter to a netball tournament up at Ellesmere (north Shropshire), but a friend of hers picked her up so in the end I didn't need to drive up there. Wifey and I decided to go watch some of it so a bit later Anne went up in the car and I rode up. My bike didn't half turn heads when I arrived :D And then a glorious ride back, a R1 caught up with me on the A528 (twisty road back from Ellesmere to Shrewsbury) and wanted to play so I could hardly refuse such a polite offer, but he thrashed me :D Only sour note of the day was I saw another R1 rider stopped for speeding at Munslow this morning - unmarked silver Vectra - in one of the 40 limits in Corvedale between Morville and Craven Arms - the 40 stretch is hardly a mile long, so he must've been very impatient).

Perfect weather, great day , I'm a happy bunny :D

5. Me too, :D

I had a brilliant ride round the York Dales, (Kirkby,Shap,Hartside,Bishop Auckland,Richmond,Leyburn,Harrogate,skipton) Loads out at the usual haunts, but I only stopped for a quick buttie at Hartside cafe. Thankfully there were no real nutters :twisted: about (apart from me) so I didn't get sucked into too much racing. A few lads on gezeers and R1's had a go up Shap but suprisingly backed off on the bends (if you knew anything about me you'd know what I mean - i.e. I'm shit :lol: )

The real purpose of my blast (other than pure fun) was to break in my new leathers. I picked up the new Alpinstars/Triumph 2piece suit + boots from North Yorks Triumph yesterday and was mad keen to see what they felt like. (my old leathers were 12years old and either too tight (I blame cakes) or too loose and had no protection)

I was a bit apprehensive about digging deep into my pocket for something thats really only suitable for wkend blasts and track days but I tell you what they really inspire confidence. The armour and fit is great and even though they are thinner they seemed warmer, maybe due to close fit?

Anyway here's hoping for more of the same :geek:

6. jimjam39

jimjam39

Had a good run out on Sunday as well. Went up to Llyn Brenig via Ruthin and then over to A and D Motorcycles in Denbigh. Very bumpy roads, gave the new suspension a good work out (still impressed). Then came back home via Mold. Yesterday managed to get up to Betwys y coed for a cuppa and then on to Trawsfynydd ,Dolgellau and back to Bala and LLangollen and then back home. Back out today but only managed to get up to the ponderosa on the horseshoe pass for a brew (chuffin freezin). Hoping to get back out tomoz for another spin (got it booked in for first service next Tuesday). Done about 350 miles now and am giving it about 7000rpm steady with the odd blip up to 8000rpm, and she seems to be loosening up nicely. Its an absolute ball ache holding back though. Incidentally, ive not seen anything of the "old bill" all weekend !

7. Edski675

Oh how I wanted to go out to play today but I was stuck in a meeting in Birmingham :roll: Saturday looks good though, we are doing a reccie for Barmouth, so Jamie if you're free and would like to meet up either at the turn for Ruabon on the A528 or up the Ponderosa then just shout :D - and andysjt (or anyone else) if you'd like to join then just say and I'll give you the details :D

8. jimjam39

jimjam39

Will meet up with you at Ruabon if you like (i cant go to far coz im nearly at 500 miles now, first service booked in for Tuesday), and will come up the ponderosa with you. Let me know what time and where and i will be there :D

9. Edski675

Leaving Shrewsbury at 10, so should be in Ellesmere by about 10.45 I guess - Overton by 11 - Ruabon about 11.10? Meet you at the roundabout by the A483 :D

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

The fair weather bikers have officially come out of hibernation. Welcome back folks! lol

11. jimjam39

jimjam39

12. gorgeous weather, got a baby sitter.....damn management light is on and some funny rattles from the engine...im beginning to think someone up there doesnt want me to ride it

13. Edski675

What a perfect day!! - did a reccie for Barmouth in 2 weeks time. Met Jamie at Ruabon, he rode with us up to the Ponderosa. What a nice bloke!!! And what a terrific rider!!! :D Good to meet you, Jamie!!!

14. jimjam39

jimjam39

Cheers Edski :) , Good to meet you and the guys as well. Glad you had a good run, its a pity i could not come all the way to Barmouth with you, but after Tuesday (first service) there will be no more restrictions ! Hopefully we can all meet up again and go for a run, either up here or over your way. Its a shame i cant make it on the 4th but hopefully there will be other opportunities.

15. i was up ther on friday...went to hawes, kirby steven, up towards scotch corner, leyburn, richmond,then back to skipton...nice ride

16. i was up ther on friday...went to hawes, kirby steven, up towards scotch corner, leyburn, richmond,then back to skipton...nice ride[/quote]

We should meet up next time. I need someone to show me some technique :!:
    :geek:

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Jim we need a Saturday out together.................... get some real fun time in while we can ;) :cool: :lol:

18. jimjam39

jimjam39

Thats true Jap, unfortunately I dont get out much on the weekends due to the Traffic Taliban in this area and the fact I work shifts, so I usually go out in the week when everyone else is in work. I do get the odd chance though, so just keep nagging/pestering/reminding me and we will sort something out :)