675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Biker nob heads

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andykb, May 29, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Why is it when you see other bikers on the road they think they have to race you ?

i was behind a guy this morning, i think he was on a FZ1N or something similar, he hadnt seem me, he was driving in a conservative manner as was i, he wasnt filtering at lights or anything like that. Once he did see me he started acting up, slowing down and then screwing the nuts off his yamaha.
    He then did something really stupid, i think he hit maybe 60 or 70 in a 30 zone overtaking about 10-15 cars on a narrow road with cars double parked, bad choice IMO.
    i just left him to it, but thought he was a complete prick and maybe a noob.

He had workman style combats on and steels toecap boots, bikers like this become a stat sooner or later.

2. The problem with bikers like this is that they ruin the reputation for all of us.

I've got a mate who rides a Ducati and rides it very fast but as soon as he hits a village or town, it drops to 20/30 mph and pootles through. His attitude is what's the point of acting like a prick when all you do is get nowhere fast, give bikes a bad reputation and run the risk of crashing/hitting a pedestrian.

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Steelies on a bike? :roll:

4. SteveH

SteveH

Unfortunately I see this a lot. Along with kids on mopeds wearing open face helmets, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops who think they are Valentino Rossi. They all point, laugh and take this p**s when they see me fully leathered, and armoured up baking in the sun at the lights, but I'd rather be hot and alive, than use my face as grated cheese on the tarmac.

Statistics they certainly will be, but they do seem to drag the reputation of the rest of us down. Which is robably why the bike test seems to be getting harder and harder and more expensive whilst the car test it would seem can be passed by any pleb with half a brain.

Steve

5. andysjt

andysjt

i have seen it a thousand times , you come up from behind & the geezer’s riding normally ,then , and you can tell the moment he/she spots you as they get all competitive and start overtaking everything in sight , let um go i say ride for yourself .

i was once undertook by a guy on an r1 going around a blind bend , him on the wrong side of the road at a ridicules speed , then he slowed down & waited for me to catch up a bit ,i think he was disappointed i didn’t want to race him , when i wouldn’t respond he pulled a 10 second wheelie though town & across a zebra crossing and then was gone
    i don’t want to be associated we folk like that , ( if he /she is still with us) coz riding like that will only end one way

best thing is if a bike comes up from behind ride normal , if he wants to go past you , let him , it doesn’t mean he is a better rider than you , its just a state of mind .

6. Edski675

I'm too slow for red mist :roll:

Shame :lol:

7. andysjt

andysjt

you allright ed ? how the cider ??

smile from inside your helmet at um
    its the only way

8. Edski675

Hi Andy, sort of all right, I'm self employed and life is being a bit harsh generally with this fucked up economy :(

Cider is going great guns :D It's bubbling so fast, probably a bubble every 1 - 2 seconds, it really is going for it, and the kitchen smells of yeasty cider :D Mmmmmm :D

As for nobheads, each to their own. If they want to end up in the 'ozzie then that's for them. As long as they don't take me or anyone else with 'em, fine. I'm not a gear nazi but I never get on the bike without all the kit. I can't believe those who lack the sense to protect themselves - but end of day it's their skin, their ruined life, their choice.

Hey I just went out to get some fuel - and I got a nod from the Dominos pizza lad :lol:

9. That Domino's lad could be a 675 owner eventually! I nod to everybody, especially the Scooters and 125's ;)

10. andysjt

andysjt

right on me too but the guys with german helmets on & harley rides dont usually nod back ,
    no need to be rude i say to them

11. andykb

andykb

everyone has to start somewhere, even i started on a 125 at 35, i tend not to nod at chav scum on scooters though, everyone else gets one though

12. If the recent news is anything to go by they probably don't have a licence anyway...so they don't deserve it!

13. I find that as well, don't know if they're rude or just think as they're on a harley they are the kings :lol: of the road and don't need to nod, don't get me wrong not all of them are like that but it seems to be the smaller the helmet the bigger the nob

14. andysjt

andysjt

how very true " the smaller the helmet the bigger the nob " umm i will remeber that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

mind you my helmet is a s in shoei & xs in a roof :? so what dose that mean :?

15. My brother rides a Harley, he nods, but i def know where you all coming from, i nod as i do with all bikers and 90% just ignore but hey who cares....as for scooters a few weeks i was sat at a bunch of lights and a scooter was coming the other way, he was jumping up and down waving his arms around..........i think he either liked the bike or was having an epileptic fit :) , either way it cracked me up :D