675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

bleeding abba stand dont fit

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by triple n, May 10, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

hi lads and lasses, can anyone assist me with my little problem? can someone measure the swingarm nut ( the left hand side as you sit on the bike ) and let me know what size it is pleeeeese, must be an 06-08 model though....many thanks in advance...nige

2. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Nige, Have just measured mine and I make it 23mm across the flats, Socket size 24mm
    Hope this helps ;)

3. triple n

triple n

thanks rowly, youre a star...mines 24mm aswell...now all i have to do is figure out why my buggering stand wont fit...cheers mate

4. Rowly

Rowly

Nige, I Know this may sound a stupid question but have you got your adapter fitted?
    The reason why I ask is because when you remove the stand the adapter sometimes
    falls off, its happened to me a couple of times and rolled under the car and didn't
    know until I tried to fit it next time? Just a thought. ;)

5. triple n

triple n

no, its not a stupid question. :D ..the stupid bit is me not being able to remember what adaptors came with it...i have the pin one for the right hand side but i cant remember if there was one for the other side and i cant find any pictures on the abbastand site....alzheimers at 43. :eek: ....bugger......time to turf out the shed :?

6. Rowly

Rowly

We've all done it mate and the brain doesn't get any better with age :lol:
    At least the head scratching is now over, hope you find it ;)

7. Hi Nige

topically enough my abba stand arrived today :) . There are two parts the the adapter, socket for the L/hand side that goes over the nut and a pin for the R/hand side that goes into the hole in the pivot rod.

Not sure why they didn't just give two pin types but perhaps they thought the hole in the L/hand side is too small.

Just tried mine out and removed the rear wheel, works a treat.

Anyway hope you figure it out.

8. Just be careful. The Abba stand is my most favorite bit of kit ever although in a temporary moment of insanity, I sold it. Getting to the point, always check before you ride off that the fittings are not still attached to the bike. Many people have done it and lost them resulting in the purchase of a new set.

9. triple n

triple n

hi kev, any chance you can take a piccy of your stand in bits for me when youve got 5 minutes..ill know what bit ive lost then, yes, i know im a nob and will be beating myself with a big hammer as soon as i find one....probably lost that aswell... :lol:

10. I sold it - see previous post

Moment of insanity 1 - bought a Ducati Multistrada

Moment of insanity 2 - Multistrada had a centre stand so sold the ABBA.

11. triple n

triple n

sorry mate, not paying attention :D we all have moments of insanity although yours was of the criminal variety :lol:

12. triple n

triple n

hi chicken strip, any chance you can supply a picture of the component parts of your stand....thanks mate

13. Rowly

Rowly

Nige, I have uploaded pics of Abba stand & adapters on my gallery,
    Its the L/H adapter you have missing, sorry unable to upload pics
    to post because of some glitch in the system. ;)

14. triple n

triple n

rowly... i love you and want to have you babies :lol: :lol: ....ive lost the left hand bit, of to dive into the shed...if you dont hear from me in a week, send out a search party :lol: ...thanks mate

15. Rowly

Rowly

Not more rowly rats :lol: I hope you can find it cause they cost £18.50 for a new set
    from Abba :eek: best of luck.
    PS let me know when you've found it and I will delete the pics off my gallery
    Cheers, Steve aka rowly

16. triple n

triple n

thanks steve, you may delete at your leisure....cheers fot that..i owe you a beer

17. Rowly

Rowly

You're very welcome, its great to be able to share information with other members
    when problems arise it also make the forum work for everyone. I'm always happy
    to help with anything I can so no worries Nige :D

18. triple n

triple n

well, have looked in the shed...no sign of the offending bit so off to the abbastand website.....knackers