675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Brake Discs During Winter

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by superme79, Feb 9, 2009.

1. superme79

superme79

I haven't ridden my bike for a few weeks now as the weather has been terrible. My bike is in my garage, under a cover and raised off the ground using an Abba stand. I've noticed the front wheel is not turning very easily as the front brake seems to have got tighter. The front disc also has a few specs of rust on it. Can I do anything about this?

2. Hi,

Following a ride out, I washed my bike and put it away. When I got it out a few days later, I had a nice brake pad shaped orange mark on my disks. Following another ride, it has gone and I have learned to pay even more attention to getting rid of salt.

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I have found my front disc tends to stick on after a couple of days in the garage - All I do is give her a roll up and down the garage and away we go. ;)

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

And Yes I am on about the "BEAST" :lol: :lol: :lol: Honest ;)

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Meh dont worry about it, just ride it, and it'll soon smooth out. Ya get it with anything with disc brakes if its cold and moist and doesnt get used for a couple of days.

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

She is running perfect , well at least the discs are clean ;)

7. superme79

superme79

I took my bike out for a spin last weekend and the brakes were back to normal pretty quickly! :)