675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Brake pads

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, Nov 5, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Just wandering if anyone has changed/uprated their brake pads at all and if so what are they currently using or recommend??

Got a birthday and Christmas coming up, so whacking together a list of stuff I need for the bike that isn't silly money and I might actually get as a present. If I don't tell them what I want I'll only end up with a load of old tat I'll never use ;)

So far on the list is,

New chain and sprockets (Renthal Ultralight sprockets and Tsubaki chain.
    Pro-Bolts titanium unsprung weight kit (titanium)
    Brake pads (type yet to be decided)

Still looking for lots of other stuff to though!

Cheers

Steve

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I’ve changed my brake pads twice and I’ve stuck with OEM as I reckoned Triumph’s R&D department spent a few quid on getting just right. :D

I spent a long time pondering over which brand to go for but I decided to pay the extra and get the originals…

EBC was in the running but most articles I read suggested there would be extra disk wear n tear amongst other things…

3. SteveH

SteveH

I was thinking along the same lines until I started reading up about sintered pads mate, and now I'm mostly confused about the issue :S

More reading required I'm thinking

Steve

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God luck with the reading as the more you know, the more you know :)

What swung me to stick with the originals is that nearly every magazine tester raves about the braking ability of the 675 and where they have a whinge about other items, the brakes are praised.

5. D41

D41

EBC aftermarket pads are about as good as you can get, defo a lot cheaper than "Triumph" pads....
    Get the 'non-sintered' pads & they will be fine -'sintered' pads are geared more towards track riding...they WILL slow the bike more efficiently than 'non-sintered' pads, but at the cost of increased wear on the brake rotors...unfortunately, you can't have it both ways!!