675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

British Supersports 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by henrymc, Jul 14, 2009.

1. henrymc

henrymc

Just wondered what opinions people have on how young James Westmoreland is doing at mo in BSS and if anyone has any info as to why Paul Young was not racing the TAG Racing 675 at Knock Hill?

2. T9Steve

T9Steve

JW has been getting better all season riding his 675, the Thruxton round was great to watch. Having watched it live and then again on TV listening to commentary from Whitham and co the 675 really came out well. Comments from Whit like that bike should not be passing R6`s on the straight really wound up my Jap riding mates. Regarding Paul Young you might find an answer to your question on his website at www.paulyoungracing.co.uk.

3. Why did Whit think it should not pass jap crap on the straight, I've gone right off him the konb

4. henrymc

henrymc

Guess a lot of people have this thing where the think that no one can make a good bike unless it is a Jap. James Whitham knows his stuff so when he shows surprise at the speed of the 675 on the straights it says something for what John Trigger has done to the bike. that was what was missing from the 675's in the world supersport last year. Think Triumph should get a little more involved with the British supersport next year and get young JW on board, the lad is a star in the making, would be a pity to see such talent wasted riding on a jap. Tried Youngies site Steve and also Triumphs nothing about why PY was not racing at Knockhill!

5. henrymc

henrymc

Did anybody see young James Westmorland on the 675 yesterday in the British Super sport? That lad can ride a bike and what a job John Trigger has done on the engine of Westy's bike. to have the power to get back in contention from being dropped to 7th and then up to first and gapping the field and then again after the safety car was out, to gap the rest of the field again to win.

6. jimjam39

jimjam39

I watched that as well, very impressive from such a small team. Hope this is just the start of a few more good results for him .

7. henrymc

henrymc

yea jimjam would be good if he did. like seeing him stick it to the jap's.
    By the way am hopeing to get to Cadwell to watch the BSB. Read somewhere where JW has invited anybody who would like to call at his team garage at races to feel free. Cadwell is a good track for that. got to meet a few of the big names in BSB last year as well as Glen Richards and Paul Young.

8. rockjock

rockjock

i saw the brands race was on the edge of my seat and loving it rock on westmoreland lad keep it up for the brits (cry god for harry st george and england)

9. henrymc

henrymc

Know what you mean rockjock, even thow i am Irish. pity the MCN not of the same idea Westy did not merit a mention in the next weeks paper, have noticed a lack of colum inches about British supersports in the MCN. Rekon if it was a yam that Westy was on then they would have mentioned it. The Supersport race was the best race of the Brands meet.

10. T9Steve

T9Steve

I agree JW`s result at Brands was great for him and Triumph, we were there watching at Clearways. As you say MCN has stopped reporting BSS results in any detail since the end of 2007. I checked my old copies of MCN, and when the Jap bikes were winning MCN reported it, when Glen Richards started winning in 2008 there are weeks when they only printed a results list and that was it, oh apart from when a Honda or Yamaha won. The letter from one of JW`s sponcers in this weeks MCN says it all and their responce was pitiful, `not enough room`.

11. henrymc

henrymc

Glad someone else has noticed it also,

and this week they had a two page interview with a twelve year old just cos he was Rossi's half brother,

Wonder how much money they get in adds from Yamaha either direct or indirect or freebies, they should have to print that, the paper is seriousley slanted in favor of Yamaha in particular.

At the end of last season when Glen Ritchards won the BSS championship MCN forgot to put in a article about him winning, well they said that they forgot but there was a artical about BSB also WSB and MOTO GP all in the same issue of the MCN.

rekon that Potter and co should go back to Uni to lern how to be responsible Jurno's. as for Kevin Ash! better not start cos i might carried away.

Anyway looking forward to some good racing Monday and the weather is supposed to be fine, role on Cadwell! :scarper: :lol:

12. spike

spike

i also saw the letter from jw's sponsor, i think MCN should be ashamed of themselves as they clearly dont back any of the british riders unless there on yams or hondas
    i think the press have a responsibility to back home grown riders.
    its about time we had another sheene/foggy type rider to support and personally i think JW could be that person.
    so come on mcn get out there and start reporting!

13. Eurosports web site is no better,if you want qualify postions or result you won't find them! I find that www.superbike-news.co.uk/ is the best site for them.

14. henrymc

henrymc

Well that was a interesting BSS today,
    Westy done real good geting a first place,
    just shows what a great package it is Westy and the JT Preformance preped 675 is,
    i was amused to see Platers reaction to Billy Mc Connell's move on him in the second last corner of the last lap, same move he pulled on Westy a few races ago,
    only Billy's move was a tad harder,
    there was no "well thats racing" from Plater today after the race,
    pity that the powers that be,
    saw fit to reverse the race result and give Plater the second place cos from what i saw he knew Mc Connell was there and apexed the corner early to shut him out, Billy was just haveing none of it,
    as Plater says himself thats motor bike racing,

15. Rowly

Rowly

Whatever your thoughts and opinions on the Plater/ Mc'connell incident it makes for
    exciting racing and that is what we the fans want, it just goes to show how much they
    want to win, bring it on!! and finally a big well done to Westy on todays win on a great
    Bike :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Well done Westy, great result

17. kingfixer

kingfixer

I had a brilliant day at BSB yesterday, what a great win for Westy weel done that man!! i think he was proving a point after what happened at croft. The 125's were hugely entertaining too i saw some of them as i had a walk round the paddock i can't beleive how young some of them look and how small they are.
    I had to go in the car in the end, the story to this is in another post !!

WELL DONE WESTY !! :wave:

18. henrymc

henrymc

Ps,
    Westy now hold's a minimum of four lap records on UK tracks,
    125gp bikes at Knockhill,
    Supersport at Knockhill,
    125gp bikes at Silverstone,
    and Supersport at Silverstone,
    as of yesterday, :toast: :clap: :smileup: :D