675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Broken ankle

Discussion in 'General' started by gibo675, Jun 4, 2009.

1. gibo675

gibo675

Broke my ankle and leg Saturday, while on a family picnic.
    Fell and discolated ankle in the Dales, had the Air Ambulance out to take me back to Harrogate hospital.
    Found that I had broken my ankle and leg, had to have a screw in to hold bones together.
    So I'm not going to be able ride for at least 6 weeks and to top it off had to cancel holiday to Tenerife next week :( :( :(

2. awww dude, what a bummer

3. spike

spike

sorry to hear that m8, that sucks arse big time :(

4. andysjt

andysjt

sorry to here about your fall mate,
    who would of thought a picnic could be so dangerous , are you gona be off work for 6 weeks ?
    :eek: :eek:

5. spike

spike

i reckon 10 m8 i bust mine last year 6weeks in plaster 4 weeks learning to walk again,you cant put any weight on it as its a load bearing joint, worst thing to break after your back as its a multi-directional joint. gibo you have my sympathy!

6. Stu

Stu

What some people will do for a free flight in a chopper. :doh:

Bad luck fella :hug: I hope it's a full recovery. :smileup: I give the air ambulance 5 quid a month so it's nice to see my money put to good use.

7. If you need anybody to take the bike out for the next 6 weeks just ask :D

Unlucky buddy...

8. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

ouch painful. I've been lucky not to break any bones in my life time, though if and when it happens I think panic and shock will strike... It's more painful seeing the good weather and the bike sitting there missing out :'(
    Time shall fly by! :)

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Bad luck dude. Shows how easy it is to do yourself serious injury, never mind on a motorbike. Hope you get back on your pins soon.

Ed

10. The Fridge

The Fridge

sorry to hear gibo69, just when summer is upon us.
    had my fair share of injuries over the yrs, 2 broken wrists, badly broken finger in 2 places, torn the ligaments in 1 knee and 1 ankle, 1 damaged shoulder with partial loss of movement, 1 broken toe, neck injury while playing Rugby which constantly gives me a stiff one( that's a stiff neck to all u dirty minded ones) :roll:
    and nearly lost an eye last year when hit with a lump of concrete. i took a swing with a pick on my brothers path he was takin up and forgot to put my safety glasses on! my own fault and i severly told myself off in no uncertain terms. Never agen. all i cud see out of it was like a thick fog, it hurt like hell for a few days the same pain u get if u poke your self in the eye really hard. my pupil dilated and would not work so it let too much light in, was just like looking into a torch, had to wear an eye patch.
    the worse thing was the many hospital appointments where they told me i had a clot at the back of the eye and i had to fully rest for at least a week and a half. this was stressed to me that i had to move gently with no sudden movements and definately not to knock myself or any1 knock me, cos if the clot dislodged they would'nt b able to stop the bleeding and i would loose the eye.
    that's not the sort of news that u relish being told.
    i was lucky and its healed up now tho the pupil still is a little larger than the other and doesn't react quite as fast and i am now a candidate for the risk of Glaucoma so need regular pressure tests now.

anyway gibo hope it heals well and gives u no long term probs

Dave

11. gibo675

gibo675

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, its only just under a week and I am fed up already!! the thought of the bike sat outside and me laid up is bad enough. Daytime t.v. sucks apart from Loose Women which I have got into :D I go back to see the Consultant on Tuesday hopefully for some better news. This is the first time I have ever had anything broken or anything serious, hopefully the last!!!

Attached Files:

12. its almost worth the broken bones just to get a ride in that, what a beaut...you jammy bugger...sorry to hear about your accident though

13. Rowly

Rowly

Picnic!!!! broken Ankle & leg, thats got to be real bad luck Gibo, hope there's no
    permanent damage? half the season will be over when you get back on ya bike.
    Stop watching those loose women you know they'll corrupt your mind especially
    them minx's Nolan & Brambles, get well soon :up:

14. gibo675

gibo675

Well went to hospital yesterday, ankle healing ok had pot changed, 4 weeks to go :)

15. kingfixer

kingfixer

there will still be plenty of the summer left Gibo :smileup: to give the bike a good blast out (hopefully ) :D :D

16. gibo675

gibo675

Well all, pot is now off :) just need to walk again. Hope to be back on bike in 3-4 weeks just in time for the good weather :lol:

17. andysjt

andysjt

lets hope so... eh ?

take it easy one step at a time ( pardon the pun )

18. Shit mate bad luck with the leg. Don't forget 2 keep the 675 on trickle charge. That's where mine will be for the next few wks as well. Get on eBay and buy shiney bits for it just think how bling it could be with all the trick stuff u can get with all that fuel cash you'll save!