675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Buell Performace Adademy 11May09 pic heavy

Discussion in 'General' started by Admiral Nelson, May 13, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

As some of you know, my lovely wife booked the Academy for me in December, for my Birthday in April. The cost was £99 for a half day. Their bikes - your leathers.

At the time, I had the Ducati Multistrada, which was a great road bike, but not suited to the track. I managed to do a straight swap for the Daytona 600, which I really wanted to take to the track. Things have picked up for me recently, so I traded the D6 for a lovely 675, which I picked up on Saturday.

Anyway, I went to Castle Combe on Monday and had just the best time. My group were first on track, and the instuctors showed us the line. I managed to grab a Black 1125R. The bike was great on the track. The weight fell on quickly and the engine has much torque.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this we did some skills riding. Real slow throught the cones, over the seesaw, across the bench, inside the cones 360 turn, limbo and home. Very few managed it first time without dabbing feet down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we did a short road ride. I took an 1125 naked jobbie.

After this we went off road on grass, firetrack and through the woods and mud. I hated it as the Ulysees was far too big for me. When sat on the seat, my legs were 6" off the ground :shock:

The last session was back on the track. I asked if we could go faster as I felt I was being held up. The instructor quickly agreed and sent us out at 20 sec intervals. I really tested the white 1125R and had a fantastic ride towards the end I was beginning to flag and make mistakes, missing braking markers etc through sheer fatigue. Will have to be careful at Donington. The photographs were uploaded onto the website http://www.buellperformanceacademy.co.uk and were free to download. I can't recommend the experience enough. Fast or slow that catered for each individual.

Roll on Donington

What a weekend. New bike saturday, Trackday Monday. What a lucky boy.

Kev

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]